Chapter Forty-Eight

Tatiana

To say that I was shock was an understatement. I can't move! My heart almost leap out of my chest at the sudden contact from her. After announcing my arrival, I was crushed into a hug by no other than Lyrie. I expected her to ignore me, to glare at me, or anything else but hug. To add to my surprise, she dragged me outside. I mean, I'm confused and happy and I don't know what to feel honestly.

When we reached outside, she suddenly turn to look at me. "Tatiana, alam kong baka ayaw mo na sa akin dahil sa sinabi ko noon. Pero please know na I never mean any of it. Nadala ako ng emosyon ko at hindi ko na alam kung ano ang gagawin, I shouldn't have said that pero nasabi ko na kaya nga tayo naging ganito, ewan ko rin ano na tayo ngayon pero gusto ko lang talaga na malaman mo na-"

I cut her off by hugging her, she's out of breath na because of her rambling and her distressed face makes me want to kiss it away.

"Okay, I'll let you talk later but breathe first," I whispered, holding her right.

I can feel her relax at my hug which made me smile. I guess nothing is over.

I pulled away first, still holding her. "How about we ditch this party and go somewhere else?"

She quickly nodded, making me smile widely. We didn't talk the whole ride. We silently enjoy the drive towards the inland resort I took her back then. I know she'd like the peace and quiet as we talk about whatever this is. She's busy playing with my other hand, while the other one is on the steering wheel.

After giving the keys to the valet, the same lady from back then welcomed the both of us inside. We thanked her after she gave us the keys to my room and I guided Lyrie silently towards it. It was still the same, clothes are still in it's closet, the bed was neatly tucked, and the lights are now on.

"I honestly didn't expect you to hug me." I broke the silence first. We are now sitting in the couch, facing the black screen of the TV in front of us.

"Sorry, nadala lang ako. Akala ko kasi hindi ka na pupunta, andami ko pa namang gustong sabihin sa'yo at natatakot ako baka hindi mo na ako pakinggan."

My heart softened at what she said. I lift my hand to place it on her cheek. "Baby, I will never do that. I'm sorry, I just want to respect what you said to me noon. I don't want you to hate me more."

She stared at me straight in the eye, her eyes watering a little. "I'm sorry I said that to you. Alam kong hindi reasonable kung sasabihin kong nagpadala ako sa emosyon ko noon. I'm really sorry, I didn't mean any of it. I'm really, really sorry."

"Hon, please stop apologizing. I understand it, I'm sorry too." I hugged her and I smile as she encircled her arms around me too.

"Tatiana, gusto ko lang malaman bakit nagkaganun noon. Ayos lang ba if ikwento mo?"

I sigh heavily before nodding. "Okay, I'm sorry in advance ah? Hear me out lang." I shifted in my seat, taking her hand so I can pull her if she even reacted badly. "So I was at the bar and I saw Zion there. We talked for a moment and he was spitting about me being lesbian daw, he made conclusion that terrified me because I was afraid of what my family might say. So long story short, I kissed him and agreed to being in a relationship with him. After a month, I was full of regret na and I can't stop thinking about you, how badly I treated you." I stop to look at her, "I confessed to Zion, and much to my surprise, he confessed too. He was gay, and is doing the panliligaw to fool his parents. He had a boyfriend pala here. We agreed after two months to confess to our family, to put a stop into pretending. Luckily, my parents were fine with it, except for my granddad."