Chapter Twenty-two

Tatiana

It's been a month since Lyrie left for vacation, time passed quickly and I can't believe I'll be meeting mom today. I've decided I need to face her and ask her what really happened. I can't keep running away, especially from her.

  I heard a faint knock on my door, then a voice spoke, “Miss Tatiana? Andito na po ang mommy mo.”

  “Okay, tell her I'll be out in a minute,” I called out, fixing my hair.

  I'm quite nervous. I don't know how to approach her. It's been a year since I last saw her and months when I last spoke to her. I wonder if there's changes sa kanya.

  My door suddenly opened, and a familiar voice was heard. “Hey. ”

  I froze, unable to react properly because my mind is in a whirl now.

  “Tatiana? Are you okay, my baby?”

  Her voice is still soft and warm, it makes me want to crawl and hug her. I can't deny the fact that I miss my mom. Not anymore.

  “Mommy,” I said, my voice quiver, and pulled her for a hug.

  I know she was shocked but I really miss her.

  “It's alright, mommy is home,” she said, caressing my hair.

  “Let's take a seat at your bed.”

  I nodded and let her guide me.

  She took my hand and held it close to her heart. “I'm sorry, baby. Nadamay ka pa sa mga misunderstanding namin ng daddy mo. I'm sorry for hiding the divorce to you, we don't want you to get involve, darling. ”

  I stayed silent, I can't remember when I started crying but I felt the hot liquid escaped from my eyes.

  She let out a sigh, looking painful at me. “We've been fighting lately. He—well, he's been getting drunk a lot. I told him he needs to fix his self, but he doesn't want to listen to me. I-I've done all I can do to help your dad but all he did was push me away. One day, I-I found some -” My mom stopped for a moment, as the tears came running down her face.

  “Mommy... ” a pang of guilt hit me. Tita was right, I've been so selfish that I forgot my mom is hurting too.

  “I'm alright, don't worry, ” she said, releasing a deep breath before continuing.

  “I found a dress in his office. I didn't mind it at first, then I found out he's been having affairs w-with his friend.”

  My whole body stiffened. I can't think straight. The 'affair' word keeps on running into my head.

  “I-I'm sorry I never should have hidden it to you.”

  Forgetting the memories of why I'm mad at mom, I hugged her. Embracing her as tight as I can as she sobbed on my shirt.

  “I'm sorry, mommy,” I whispered, holding her close.

  I can't imagine the pain my mom went through. How dare he hurt mom when he promised that he will never ever do a thing that will hurt us.