Chapter Six

Tatiana

Its been an hour full of complaining about where we'll go but I still didn't tell her. I don't even know why I'm doing this, I just want her to come with me and just be there. I'm not used to hanging out with people that I just knew. But with Lyrie, it's like I'm having an exception. It feels weird that I am enjoying hanging out with her.

  "Umabot na tayo ng city pero hindi mo pa rin ako sinasagot," she said, poking the leather seat with her finger.

  I passed her a look and said, "Just wait. We're close naman na. "

  She's still blabbing but I choose to listen nalang. She's really annoying and it's strange that I'm not irritated by her actions. In fact, I even find it cute, in a friendly way.

  "Andito na po tayo, miss," the driver spoke, turning the ignition off.

  "Finally!"

  I can't help but smile at her reaction because she was eager to know where I took her. Sobrang impatient talaga even if I told her to stay put a couple of times already.

  "Tatiana! Ang layo-layo ng inabot natin, tapos dadalhin mo ako sa jollibee rito? "

  I look at her direction, and nodded. Actually, kagabie pa ako nag crave ng fried chicken kaya I took her here with me.

  She roamed her eyes around and continue to speak, "I mean, hindi ako nag rereklamo ah, kahit saan mo pa ako dalhin, pero diba may jabee naman doon sa lugar namin? Pinaliit lang?"

  I nodded again and smiled. I actually know na may ganoong fast food restaurant doon but I chose to bring her here kasi twenty minutes drive lang itong branch pauwi sa amin. I want her to come with me at home, we'll just hang out at home and eat there. I don't like noisy place pa naman whenever I'm eating.

   "I know, I prefer here so let's go and let's order so that we can hang at my house. "

  She looks surprised at me again, but I only smiled in return. 

  "Bahay mo? "

  "Yes. Doon tayo kakain. It's packed here kasi. "

  "Ohh," she replied, nodding her head without asking for more questions na.

  We got out of the car na and walked inside to order. Hindi naman nagtagal kasi wala masyadong nag-oorder sa take-out lane. After taking our order, we went out together.

  We were walking with food in hand when suddenly, a little brat crashed to me. It resulted to his ice cream smearing my shirt.  My brow crease in annoyance. What the heck?

  "Can you look where-"

   "Ang ice cream ko-" we both said at the same time.

  I glared at the kid and threw him one of my meanest look. " Look at what you did!"

  The kid only stared at me, almost crying. And I don't really care, it's his fault anyway. Why is he running all over the place holding an ice cream. 

  Lyrie took a step forward and crouched down to level with the kid's height. I raised my brow at her, but she didn't turn to look at my way.