Chapter Forty

Tatiana

I know I messed up big time. The look Lyrie was giving me yesterday was enough to tell how she hates my guts now. However, I am not the type who give up easily. I know somewhere, deep in her soul, that she's still into me.

  I am still bothered with the kid she's calling her baby. I can clearly remember that she's not pregnant when we are together, she's not even active in any sexual stuff so being pregnant is not on the list. I am also bothered with her and Sasha. Both of them don't want to talk to me so I can't really ask what's the deal with them.

  I suddenly remember that time when Sasha told me she'd date Lyrie if she's baliko. I can't help but get irked at the thought of them together. I'm sure they are just friends. But if they are not-oh fuck they should be!

  I am now driving to the person who recently accepted my apology. She and I had talked over the phone and she understands naman daw why I need to do it. She's the sweetest among the three of us kaya siya talaga ang mas makakaintindi sa akin.

  “Hey, Tatiana. ” She came up to me and hugged me when I arrived at our table.

  I offered her a grateful smile. “I'm happy to see you again, Debs. ” I quickly sat down and spilled, “So…yesterday, I came to her school and I tried to talk to her. She's mad at me. ”

  Debby nodded. “I know. Sasha ranted to me last night. You should've been more kind, geez, don't surprise them like that.”

  I faced my palm in frustration. “I wanted to see her. I missed her. B-but is she and Sasha a thing? I can't take it if they are. Gosh, I'd go crazy if it happens. Please tell me she's not dating anyone.”

  “What the heck, Tatiana. ” She started laughing, clutching her stomach. After getting over the humor she found at my words, she asked: You actually think they'd be together?

  I hesitantly nodded. “I think? You and Sash once told me you'd date her if she's available.”

  She laughed again. “Gosh, no. To calm your jealous heart, no. They aren't a thing, not even close.”

  I sigh in relief. I never knew this would concern the heck out of me. Gosh, Lyrie and my affection for her.

  I suddenly remembered one of the reasons why I want to personally see Debby today. I lick my lips, letting out a sigh before asking: “Anyway, who's the baby?”

  Debby straightened up, and look at me serious in the eye. “It's Lynrie, my cutie baby. She's -”

  I cut her off. “Who's the parents?”

  “There's no parents. She and Sasha saw the baby at a public comfort room. Long story short, Lyrie and her family fell inlove and decided to keep it. ”

  My eyes grew wide as everything falls into its place. That explains why the baby is a year older now. I'm kind of stupid for not realizing it sooner.

  I gulped. She's so kind.”

  My friend nodded. “She is.”

  I bowed my head in embarrassment. “I-I am really regretting it, you know?” My voice was faint. I don't have the power to feel mighty after all the things I've done.

  Debby smiled and held my hand across the table. “I know. That's why I'm here and I support whatever your plan is. But please, don't ever hurt her again. Not in that kind of way. You made the girl question her worth for goodness sake!”