Chapter Twenty Four

Tatiana

We didn't wasted any time after Debby announced that we're going to see Lyrie and have a vacation at her hometown. We booked a flight and asked tita, her mom, where we can stay. She offered us one of her sisters house, which is near the beach and where Lyrie is staying. We arranged everything that night and called her tita to make sure that the place is ready. It's a long tiring travel, but my excitement to see her increases every time our distance decreases.

  We are now finally on the island, with me as the driver. Debby was the first one to drive when we got to the city, followed by Sasha when we got near the pier. Now, almost at her hometown, ako naman ang pinagmaneho. I didn't complain because the busier I get, the lesser I go crazy at seeing her.

  Debby and Sasha was fooling around, playing on their phones. The former suddenly squealed and jump out of her seat as she lean towards me. “Lyrie accepted my request! I'm going to chat her na.”

   I rolled my eyes, not wanting to comment at her. I purposely avoided replying to any of Lyrie's text so I can surprise her later. I even ask tita not to mention us coming para hindi niya talaga alam.

  I can't wait to see her reaction later.

  “Guys! I'm gonna video call her. ”

  I snap my head at Debby, and she just grin widely, ringing Lyrie's phone. “Just don't mention us coming. I think we're near na. ”

  My friend shrugged and I narrowed my eyes at her.

  “Hi!” I heard Debby said to the other line making me smile.

  “Hey Lyrie!” Sasha greeted and I tried to avoid making any noise or facial expression. I don't want to appear excited.

  “Hello sa inyo! Ang aga ng lakad ninyo ah?”

  Hearing her talk makes me realize how how much I missed her voice. I should've called her more often noon.

  “Oh we're heading off to-”

  I pressed the break to stop Debby from spoiling anything. She becomes stupid pa naman when she gets too excited, I don't want her to spoil my surprise.

  The two glared at me. “Hey!”

  “Do you want to kills us?”

  I shook my head, but if they spilled something to Lyrie, I will.

  “Sorry. I saw a dog!” I smiled fakely, even if I didn't see a dog.

  “Where are you now Lyrie?” It was Sasha.

  I gave her a look and she just shrug.

  “Sa bahay?”

  I mentally smiled at the thought of her in her pjs pa when she sees me. I straightened my back to stretch my legs, pressing a little harder on the gas para mabilis-bilisan ang takbo at mas mapabilis ang pagdating namin. It's not hard finding the address because the road goes straight to their house na. The houses are ranging from big and small, tall and short. There's a few modern exterior design, while some are the normal ones you see around the island.

  I was practicing what to say to her when I saw two figure standing outside a very familiar house, looking cozy at each other's arms. I immediately recognized it as the picture of the house that tita sent to me kagabi.