Chapter Fourteen

Tatiana

Turning to face the board where our teacher had wrote what he wants us to study, I can't help but remember what happened between me and Lyrie back at my tita's resort.

   I am still torn between accepting this feeling, I acknowledge it as feeling since I've felt something that night, or should I stop talking to her and continue my life? I've searched about this, the internet says it's normal but the people around me thinks it's not. Hindi ko na alam ang gagawin, I really want to see her but I am afraid of what might happen next if I continue this. Every time I try and take a step forward, there's always this nagging thing that stops me.

   “You look bothered. Are you fine?”

  I shoot a look at the person who asked me, it was Nate. He is in three of my classes, so he's not a stranger to me.

  I smile and nod at him, not bothering to let words out because I'm not in the mood for talking right now. He didn't seem to mind my silent response, since he turned back his attention back at the front.

   “It's almost summer vacation. I need you guys to finish everything and I know na this will not be the end of our meet so I'll give you time to finish it, okay? ”

  Chorus of okays were shouted with glee and here I am, sulking.

   “Enjoy it. Take time to relax because you're graduating soon. Goodbye, class!” After saying this, our professor took his case and walk towards the door.

   Pagkalabas niya ay nagmadali naman akong mag ligpit ng gamit ko. I need to go home, I need my bed, and I need to sleep. However, tadhana is not on my side because I find myself being dragged at the café where Lyrie works, along with Sasha who doesn't have any care sa kung ano ang nangyayare. Debby said she wanted to try again the coffee she ordered in here and I have no right to refuse her offer because I owe her a lot daw.

  I am so gonna murder her someday.

   The first five minutes of us inside the café was fine. She was blabbing nonstop about the guy who she turned down this week. The girl got lots of manliligaw, but never settles to anyone. I was tolerating her, when she suddenly clap both of her hands as she pointed at my back.

  “Look! It's Lyrie!” she almost shouted, getting the attention of the other students around us.

  I didn't look back. It's a little awkward for me to deal with the Lyrie situation in here. Plus, Debby doesn't know what's with me, while Sasha is thinking weirdly of us. Baka kung ano pa ang sabihin nila.

  “Did you know? I stalked her account and I found out she's not straight,” she casually commented.

  I got choked at the air I just breathed because of what I heard. This girl needs to tape her mouth shut.

   “Oh, she's not? Okay,” Sasha said, nodding her head as if she's thinking about something.

  Debby turned back her attention to me, raising her brow. “Did you know about that, Tatiana? I mean, I don't assume people are straight because of their appearance ah, but knowing she's not straight is nice. ”