Chapter Forty-Two

Tatiana

After announcing in front of her friends na I will court her, me and Debby decided to go back to work. We have a busy day but I want to cook Lyrie a lunch so I singit it in my schedule.

  “Did you notice how she turn red? I think you have a big chance of winning her heart again,” said Debby who's currently fixing her hair.

  I shrugged of the uneasiness inside my gut and squared my shoulder to show her how confident I am. “I am hundred percent sure she'll say yes to me. ”

  My friend suddenly stopped what she's doing to turn to me. “Did you know the name of that girl sitting next to me? She's kind of silent and all. ”

  I shrugged. I saw her first at the jeepney, but I never get to know her personally. “I can't recall her name. Go ask my boo, I'm not into memorizing names.”

  She went mute after hearing my answers. I didn't initiated another talk too because my mind is occupied with Lyrie and her words kanina. I really fucker up big time and I know I'll have a hard time earning her forgiveness.

  After dropping her off at her work place, I drove back to my office naman.

  My assistant walk quickly to my way, holding her tablet in hand. “Good noon, ma'am. You have a visitor in your office. She said she's a friend and an important one so we let her in.”

  “Did she say her name?”

  “No, ma'am. But she presented a pass para makapasok po.”

  I shrugged and decided to go and see who it was. When I open the door, a girl wearing a slack and blouse is busy sipping on her mug. She look comfortable on my couch as she roamed her eyes inside.

  I quickly closed the door, too surprise to see my friend in here. “S-sash! What are you doing here? ”

  She stood up upon hearing my voice. “Please tell me you're not gonna ruin Lyrie's hope again. She's been through a lot and that girl deserves the world.”

  I ignored the confusion of her coming in here and telling me that. “I know. I'm here because I want her back and I'm gonna prove her that I'm worthy the second chance. ”

  She stayed silent, studying my face as I stood in an awkward poise. After a minute of thinking, she sigh. “Listen, I was really, really, mad at you. I wanted to strangle you for what you did to Ly. You hurted her and made her look like a fool. ”

  I nodded, smiling sadly at what she said. I know it all and I am really guilty with what I did.

  “I know. You know how my mind works sometimes. I am slowly fixing myself. I'm doing my best to understand all things because I finally admit that I want her. And this time, it's really true. ”

  She hesitated for a second before speaking. “What happened to Zion? ”

  “We decided it's time to stop pretending. ”

  Her brows furrow. “Pretending? You both were pretending that time?”

  I nodded at her. “Yeah, he and Nate had a thing. He confessed to me na he courted me to show his parents na walang kakaiba sa kanya. Sucks kasi noong nag out na siya, his parents didn't took it well.”