Chapter Twenty Eight

Tatiana

It's been a week since we got back here at the city. It's also been a week since I last hugged Lyrie. We're constantly talking to each other through chats and video calls naman so I'm not that sad being away from her. After my confession, things kind of changed between us two. I'm still learning what this is, the things I'm feeling for her. I admit, everything is surprising me but I'm kind of liking it.

  Today is my birthday. Mom said she'll be here para sa idadaos na party. Dad called too, I still ignored it. I'm out and pampered by my friends because later this evening we'll have a celebration at home. Mom invited few of her friends from the business industry, saying I need to get to know them since I'm going to graduate and later on take over the business, which is understandable. Having connections and mingling with people will help me so I'm not going to complain.

  Lyrie called at exact twelve kanina and she greeted me. She even sang a song for me. It was sweet of her to do it, I've never received such gift before that's why I'm smiling non stop now. I'm a little sad about her not coming to my party, but we can't force her to because she's still at Cebu and it'll be a hassle if I ask her to fly now.

  “You're getting creepier, Tatiana. Are you sure you alright?”

  I waved my hands dismissively at Debby, nodding.

  “Did you invited Zion?”  asked Sasha, opening her right eye to look at me.

  I shrugged, not interested at the mention of the guy's name. “I think he's coming, along with his friends. Why?”

  “Oh nothing, you two fine now?”

  I looked at her confused as to why she's asking me this. I told him last night to tell him to stop courting me. He said he'll not promise anything, which I ignored and told him about the party because he's also a son of my mom's friend, which is the polite thing to do.

  “Ohh! I'm so excited. I can't wait to see Anthony,” Debby gushed, which we ignored. She's gushing about her new crush, which will probably change tomorrow or later. Who knows?

  “Girls, I invited Lyrie's parents but they said they can't come. I want you two to meet them pa naman,” I said out of the blue. These two girls may be a little maarte but they are kind to those who they think are deserving din naman.

  “That sucks. I want to talk to them pa naman,” Sasha said, making me turn to look at her with a brow raised.

  “And why is that?”

  “I just find her family nice. Lyrie works at the café and I over heard her talking about her parents and siblings sometimes. They seem amazing.”

  Shrugging the jealousy that bubbled up inside me, I just nodded. I don't want to think badly about my friend. It's silly to get jealous over little things. Also, she's right naman.

  After getting our nails, hair, and all the pamperings done, we decided to eat at a restaurant bago kami mag separate ways. They wished me a happy birthday and promised to see me an hour before the party. I was walking towards my car when I heard a ping and saw it was from Lyrie's parent's number.

Tita: Maligayang kaarawan, Tatiana! Pasensya ka na ulit at hindi kami makakadalo ha? Masama pa rin kasi ang pakiramdam ng tito mo. Pwede ka naman mamasyal dito bukas at pagluluto kita ng paborito mo, pambawi ko