Chapter Forty-Four

Tatiana

It's sunday and I'm on my way to Lyrie's house. It's just ten in the morning and I'm early because I made sure to make this one of our best date ever. I know I've demanded a lot from her since day one but I really can't help it. I want her badly, and I'd go crazy if it won't happen. I texted her kahapon and she's not responding to it but I didn't mind, I'm going to make sure she comes.

  After parking my car in front of their house, I grabbed my gift for thier baby and the food I bought for the family, bago pumunta sa bahay nila.

  “Iha! Nagala ka na naman.” I smiled at tito who offered to help me carry the things.

  “I'm here po sana kay Lyrie. Where is she po?”

  We entered their house which is surprisingly silent.

  Tito put down the bags on top of their dinning table. “Ay 'yung batang 'yun ay umalis kanina pang umaga. Sinundo ata ng kaibigan niya kanina. Bakit? May lakad ba kayo?”

  Ohh, she did say she's going to be busy.

  “Oh, wala naman po. I'm just here to fetch her sana because I want to take her on a date. If it's alright po,” I blurted out, feeling confident in front parents.

  Before tito can respond, tita entered their house. “Tatiana! Andito ka pala.”

  I kissed tita's cheek and she guided us towards their dinning table to sit.

  Tito stared at me, confused. “Date? Ang anak namin?”

  I suddenly feel nervous. Does her parents know about her? Am I going to get in trouble for saying this? Gosh.

  “Oh-yes po.”

   Tito's stare is making me feel like I'm going to be in trial for what I just said.

  “Manliligaw ka rin ba ng anak namin?”

  I sigh heavily. I'm nervous but I nodded. It's now or never.

  He turned to look at his wife, before grinning. “Ang dami namang manliligaw ng anak natin, part! Parang dati lang ayaw nun sa love love na 'yan. Grabe!”

  I was shock at what I heard. Is he not mad? Is it alright to him na we are both girls?

  “Wag kang mag alala, Tatiana. Anak namin 'yun kahit hindi man siya magsabi sa amin ay may hint na kami sa mga kinikilos niya. Ang alam ko nagkajowa din 'yun ng babae noon. Hindi ko lang alam sino, natatakot ata sa amin umamin.” It was Tita, “Yung batang 'yun talaga,” she inserted, shaking her head.

  I bowed my head. “I-akala ko po you're going to get mad.”

  “Hindi ah. Huwag n'yo lang saktan ang batang yun kasi masyado mabait 'yun.”

  At their words, my heart feels heavy. I really need to apologise for what I did noon. They didn't know na nasaktan ko na ang anak nila, and she chose not to tell them.

  I gulp before answering, “I want to amin something po. I kind of hurted Lyrie noon…”

  I watch as they both stop at what they are doing and turn to look at me seriously.

  Shaking all the nerves in me, I sigh and said, “I was confused and she was really good to me and she never failed to assure me that everything is going to be alright. We kind of had something noon and I messed it up by cutting my connection to her. I even had a boyfriend pero that was only for a show. I don't know how she's going to accept me again but I am really, really sure na ngayon with what I feel po. I swear I will prove it-”