Chapter Thirty Eight

Tatiana

It's been a year since I left this country, and now I'm back, I'm ready to claim back what's mine. I know I'm a bitch for doing those things to Lyrie. I'm still regretting every single thing I did, everyday. I just can't believe I let my mind rule over me noon. If only I have been a little bit stronger noon…

  Sasha and I are still not in good terms, and I totally understand that she hates my guts for hurting Lyrie. Debby and I are also in a complicated friendship. I think I deserve it naman. I haven't been the best friend for them these past months.

  After two months of the stunt with Zion, we both decided to end it na. We both deserve to be happy. I recently found out na he has left someone special here in the country too, and it's the most surprising guy ever. It was Nate. Zion confessed how he tried to lure me to be with him so his parents won't suspect him. I felt a little sad knowing na his parents didn't seem to take his coming out well. On the bright side, I've managed to make my parents understand about me and I am glad they accepted me. Dad was thrilled when I told him I want to continue my training here in PH, he supported me and back me up kay grandad who's still mad at my confession. He's the only family of mine who didn't take my confession well.

  “Ate Ana! I missed you!”

  I smile as Annie hugged me tight. I visited her first kasi ilang days niya na akong kinukulit na bisitahin daw siya. She's a little taller na, but her hair is left short pa rin naman.

  When we broke the hug, Annie tugged my dress. “Ate Ana, did you know I often saw Ate Lyrie, she still teaches me how to solve and balance. She even brings her baby at the playground and we play pa sometimes. ”

  My heart skipped a beat hearing her name again. I know na I'll have a hard time fixing what I broke but I am really determined to fix things with her. Hearing from Annie na they still meet and play makes my heart warm a bit. I'm glad their closeness wasn't stained by what I did. Also, I got a little confused when I hear about a baby.

  I crouched down to level her height. “What did you say, baby? Her baby? Did you mean her baby brother? ”

  The kid shook her head. “No, silly! Her baby!”

  “Tatiana! We missed you” biglang lumabas si Tita sa kusina at sinalubong ako ng isang mahigpit na yakap.

  “I missed you too. Kumusta na po, Tita?”

  “I'm alright, dear. I am really happy na you and your parents are doing great na. ”

  I smiled at what she said. It's true. The divorce was cancelled and they decided to give their love a second chance. I've come to accept the mistakes dad did too, because I myself is not a saint. Guess he and I has something alike. We are both weak when we needed to be strong, which resulted us to hurting the most important person we have. Also, he said yes to therapy and is doing good na ngayon.

  “Tita, as much as I want to talk to you po, I need to attend an event pa. Dad told me to come as his representative. I'll come by some other time. Bye po!” I kissed her cheek, and gave Annie my pasalubong bago umalis.

  I checked myself in the mirror and after feeling satisfied with my looks, I drove towards the school.

  I hope I get to see her.