Chapter Twelve

Tatiana

“Thank you sa paghatid, pati sa libreng pagkain, Tatiana. See you next time. Bye, fren! ” said the girl, who I think is Kath? Kate? I don't know. I forgot. Nag drive thru kasi kami kanina before reaching her place.

  Now, me and Lyrie are alone again, with silence filling the air. It was not comforting, for me. I feel like she's still mad at what I did, so I want to really make it up with her.

   “Lyrie? ” I called out, catching her attention.

   “Hmm? ”

  “Do you have any plans tonight?” I ask, my eyes focused on the road.

  I saw her shook her head in my peripheral vision, making me smile. “Great! I'll take you somewhere. ”

   I didn't wait for her to reply, instead, I maneuvered my car and drove to where my mind think is nice to hang out with her.

  “Hoy! Sandali!” she said, turning her whole body to look at me. “Hindi ako pumapayag, baliw ka! Hindi ka naman nagtanong kung gusto ko sumama ha?”

  Ignoring her, I turned the music on then I smiled, singing along to Lana Del Rey's Summertime Sadness.

  “Tatiana! ”

  I threw her a wink, making her eyes grew slightly wide. I think she got taken back at my actions, pero it's nice to know she's affected.

  “I'll call your parents later. Just chill there, kasi it's still an hour away. ”

  She narrowed her eyes at me, making me laugh, which caused her to glare more.

   “Tatiana!”

   “Hmm?”

   “Saan mo ako dadalhin?”

  I shook my head. She's been annoying me to tell her where I'll take her but I'm not gonna ruin my surprise.

  “Tatiana!”

  “Shhh, I'm driving.”

  “Edi sagutin mo ako, para hindi na ako mangungulit.”

  “No thanks. Sit there or I'll tape your mouth shut.”

  She sigh, making me smile a little. She gave up.

   I noticed the familiar sign that says 'Pazollo' so I turned the steering wheel, then stopped the car at the front.

  A guy wearing a tux came and asked for the keys so he can park my car and I gave it to him.

  I turn to look at Lyrie but she's busy gawking at the place. After a minute, I decided to drag her inside para naman makapunta na kami sa room.

   “Good evening, Ms. Tatiana. You didn't tell us you were visiting,” the lady, who looks familiar, said as we entered the newly renovated modern-decade year old building.

  “I can visit whenever I want to. Can I get the keys to my room? ”

  The lady nodded and handed me the keys, not saying a word again. I nod back, pulling again the confused but amazed Lyrie.

  “Asan tayo?” she finally asked, as we entered the room which was saved for me, because I visit here often.

  I settled the purse I brought at the side table near the door and walked inside. “This is my Tita's inland resort. I visit here often, especially when I need some time alone. I love swimming and the view here every night is awesome,” I told her, sitting down at the long couch.