HOSPITAL

JUNGKOOK'S POV

It's still 5pm and it's already in the middle of my shift as it ends at 10pm. There were many patients today, my colleagues and I were very busy.

I went to the Emergency Room to go and pick up the documents I left at the Nurses' station and hope to get it done before the end of my shift. As I was headed to the Nurses' station I passed by this cubicle with two of my colleagues Jax and Tao, and two other nurses trying to hold down a patient that had just recently arrived.

I could see them struggling to wrap the patient around with some restraints and I could hear them trying to calm him down and telling him that they'll have a really hard time treating him if he keeps this up.

I then was trying to up my pace towards the station which was five more cubicles away and then make a left where the station is and behind it are some equipments that were kept and are used in the emergency room. I was hoping that if I could just pass by this first cubicle were my colleagues were pinning this patient down, I could then avoid another stressful situation as I just want this night to be over.

As I quickly passed by, one of my colleague, Jax had spotted me and immediately called out to me begging me to help them out as all four of them were trying to hold the man down.

"Jung, glad you passed by, come here and help us with this guy! How is he still kicking and shoving us after giving him two tranquilizers! Jung, please, do something!" I was really hesitating on going in ay first but I went in and I was quite annoyed, obviously. But you can't just deny the call of duty especially when it comes to a patient's well being.

I went in the cubicle and assessed the patient. He was too shaky to check him properly. So I figured that we'll just have to get him restrained before continuing with the assessment. I was trying to reach out to the restraints but out of nowhere, the man tried to bite me! Jax told me "yah, Jung! be careful, he's been trying to bite us ever since he woke up and he even bit Nurse Nancy"

that's weird? good thing I evaded his mouth. I thought to myself.

We successfully restrained the patient but it seemed like he was still fighting. We thought that sooner or later he might break the restraints and attack us so I grabbed another dose of the tranquilizer and injected it to the patient. He have seemed to have calmed down but as we observed further, one of the nurses noticed that his breathing was slow... Slower than normal rate until he stopped breathing. We checked his pulse and it slowly faded. We then took some resuscitative measures. Jax started CPR & the other nurse took the defibrillator, I checked his pupils with a pen light if there would be any response as to constriction of the pupils against the light, and it was not fruitful and then we gave him a shock. Sadly, after many attempts of trying. I had to pronounce him dead.

I then decided to conduct my assessments on him. I know, it seems quite too late but I had to, at least I'll have something to note and report on in order to properly explain the situation. So I watched him carefully and slowly as I noted down my findings.

Physical Assessment Findings:
- Pale
- Cold clammy skin
- Bloodshot eyes
- Pallor: bluish
- Elbows are flexed near the chest and with arms near the chest. It seemed that it has stiffened when I tried to pull off his arms

We then called someone to get the body out of the Emergency Room and as he was being slowly wrapped, I took one last glance of him and thought what was really going on with that guy... I thought that what if there was something really wrong with him.

I looked at the staff who attended this patient. The nurses looked mortified and my co-doctors are still in shock and are trying to figure out what had just recently happened.

But still, I have lot of things to worry about so I went on my way to the Nurses' Station to get those damned documents.

- - - - - - -
MY SISTER HELPED ME IN WRITING THIS PART OF THE STORY because she had much more experience in working at the hospital than me hehe i'm still a student :)