FOOD HUNT

JISOO'S POV

I pointed to the air vent and said "we can go through that air vent. It might be small but it's large enough for us to crawl in." There was no any other way so I grabbed the chair and climbed on top of it. I tried reaching for the air vent but I was too short.

"Chi, barricade the door. I'll open the air vent because I think I can reach it" I climbed down the chair and went to the door. I pushed my back against the door as Taehyung was climbing on the chair.

I glanced to Jungkook and asked if he was okay because he was already sweating and I can sense that he was scared. "Yeah, I'm fine. I'm just getting nervous that's all." I placed my hand on his shoulders to give him a sign that everything is going to be alright.

BANG! BANG! BANG!

The door's banging caused our body to lean forward and almost lost our balance and strength. The door almost swung open but luckily, Jungkook was still standing behind the door. There was a small gap between the door and Jungkook screamed because the hand of the Corpse was holding on to him. I looked around and grabbed the nearest object which was a bandage scissor and quickly stabbed the hand of the corpse multiple times until it loosened its grip on Jungkook.

The corpse retrieved its hand from Jungkook which gave us a chance to close the gap between the door. "It's open!" Taehyung said in a shocked tone. He checked the air vents and made sure that the coast was clear.

"Taehyung, climb up the air vents first then pull Jisoo up. I'll hold the door" I looked at Jungkook with a confused look and said "what about you?!" he gave me a smile and said "just trust me"

Taehyung climbed up the air vents and he reached down his hand for me to grab it. I climbed up the chair and glanced to Jungkook and gave him a worried look to which he glanced back at me and gave me reassuring smile.

Taehyung slowly pulled me up and when I was in the air vent, I positioned myself and we were now facing each other. We looked at Jungkook who was still blocking the door until he made the most move unthinkable ever.

"JUNGKOOK!" Me and Taehyung screamed as we watched Jungkook running towards the chair with the door swung open revealing 7 Corpses. The Corpses were all running towards Jungkook but then, Jungkook climbed on the chair and jumped up the air vent. He was now clinging on the edges of the air vent with his feet hanging below. The Corpses were pulling both his feet and Jungkook was struggling.

"Jisoo! Help me pull Jungkook up!" It was really hard for us to pull Jungkook up because we were lying in a prone position but none of it mattered to us as long as we can pull Jungkook up.

We managed to pull Jungkook up and we crawled and crawled until I found an exit which lead straight to the outside world. I grabbed the cover and I was glad that the covers were not so tight. I checked the distance and luckily, it was not that far away.

We jumped our way out and quickly bent down so that the Corpses won't see us. Taehyung asked Jungkook if he was okay

"Jungkook, are you okay?? you were not bitten, right?" Jungkook checked both his feet while me and Taehyung were also checking him out and thankfully, there were none. We let out a relief sigh and Taehyung smacked Jungkook's shoulder and said

"That was really brave of you! I'm glad we have someone like you in our team" Jungkook gave him a bunny smile and said "I can finally sleep on your shoulders right?" He asked Taehyung in a joking manner in which all three of us laughed.

"But seriously though, you'll let me sle-" he was cut off by Taehyung spelling the word "N.O" I just laughed at their immature behavior and told them that we should probably get going now and find a safe place.

TAEHYUNG'S POV

I watched as Jisoo laughing at me and Jungkook and she looked really cute.

"We better get going now and find a safe place than get bitten." She said while looking at both me and Jungkook. I slowly stood up to check if there were any Corpses but luckily, there was none. We quickly ran as I held Jisoo's hand and made our way towards the supermarket.

The supermarket was pretty quiet and there were no people inside which was a good sign. The three of us made a plan to gather all the necessary things like food, water, flashlights, batteries & etc. We split up and planned to meet at counter 6 and if anything bad happens, we scream so that we will know where to find one another.

I gathered all the things and was looking for Jisoo but I couldn't find her. Maybe she was at the other side so I just sticked to our plan and went to counter 6 where I found Jungkook, already eating the food that he bought. I scolded him and said that we must save up food incase the supermarket gets raided by other survivors.

We waited for an hour already and Jisoo still didn't came. I got nervous and told Jungkook to stay right where he is. I ran around the supermarket and then I saw Jisoo standing and looking at the door which led to the storage room. I quickly made my way to her and grabbed by the arm and said

"Where the hell were you?! We waited for about an hour! Did something happen?!" I looked at her in the eye and fear was written all over it. I can see that something was wrong. "Answer me! Did something happen?!" Seconds later, she finally came back to her senses and said "Nothing, I just saw a huge rat"

I didn't believed what she said but I didn't force her to answer my question instead, I gave her a tight hug and said "It's okay. You can tell me soon, if you're ready" I can really feel that something was wrong and that the rat was just an excuse.

I grabbed her hand and squeezed it. "Stay with me no matter what" I hugged her once again and went back to where Jungkook was.

"Hey! I saw a black backpack and thought that we can use it to carry our food" he smiled giddily to which I replied "That's great kookie, now you can carry all the things! What a smart doctor you are!" I patted his head and he slapped my hand away and pouted. I glanced to Jisoo who was still in deep thought.

"What happened while we were not around?" I thought to myself.

crunchhhh.....

I turned my head to the sound and saw Jungkook eating the food that we gathered. I grabbed the bag of chips and yelled "YAH! STOP EATING ALL OUR FOOD!" he gave me a puppy eye look but it didn't work since he looked like a rabbit. "You better go and get new food!" I sneered at him. He raised both hands in the air and said "ugh fine"

"Remind me again that he's an adult who work as a doctor yet he has a brain of a 3 year old" I said to Jisoo to lighten up the mood but she just ignored. "Hey, are you going to ignore me for the whole time? What did I even do?!" I placed both my hands on her shoulders.

She looked me in the eye and said with a shaky voice

"I saw someone. We better hurry. I know a place where we can stay. I'll tell you what happened earlier but not here"