DDC 9

Lisa's Pov

It's been 2 hours already and I still couldn't get anything from the nerd.
I find it intimidating to sit beside him since there's no other seat vacant.

Nobody else want to sit with him as well.

I really wanted to ask him but the way he looks at me really scares me. I don't even understand why.

He's too busy listening to the teachers until the class finished.

I was so excited to meet with the unnies but they all messaged me to go home first. Saying they'll hang out with their new friends.

What about me?

I felt a little down on my first day and I didn't feel like going home early.

Tsk. How can they leave me with a useless nerd.

"Hey!" I turned around still annoyed but surprised to see the nerd.

"I'm sorry I couldn't pay attention to you properly earlier!" He said. Oh don't mention it. Psh.

"It seems to me that you got stood out by your friends..." He added ruining my mood even more.

"And you don't feel like going home..." Well I really don't. Nice guessing.

"So will you join me for dinner?" He offered.

I didn't know how the word yes came out of my mouth. I totally forgot that he's a nerd and a trouble magnet. And just like that I'm already seating in front him in a fancy restaurant.

It's okay for now since it's his treat. After all I got ditched by my unnies.

We just had a quiet dinner and he offered to bring me home.

But we got lost on our way. I don't remember which way to go since I'm new here. And I'm not really good with directions or navigating.
I tried calling my unnies who's probably at home now but the signal sucks and totally off the grid at this moment.

"This really happen sometimes since the cell towers are still under construction!" Yohan exclaimed while looking around.

"Argh! I wanna go home! I'm so tired..."

We tried taking another path but turns out that it was worse and got lost again.

"It's already 7 PM! I'm fu**ing tired!" I shouted angrily stomping my feet.

"7?" He asked again.

I glared at him with the thought in my mind. Is he making fun of me by repeating what I said?

"That means we have an hour left!" He said looking at his wrist watch.

"What do you mean?" I asked very confused.

"The city have an 8PM curfew! If we get caught. The clan in charge of patrolling tonight will punish us." He said snapping me back to reality.

I almost forgot. This city is inhabited with killers. And if we get caught. There's no way this weak nerd can protect me.

I have to save myself.

"My house is near... but...will you be okay to stay in a house filled with men?" He asked with no expression on his face

I'm suddenly curious...
What would he look like without those braces and smiling?

"Uh... D-do I have a choice?" I seriously asked him that.