DDC 18

Lisa's Pov

After Llanis explained the protection detail for me. Kessie asked to talk to me in private. The boys went to another room to give us some privacy.

"You can ask me now! I'm ready to answer everything!" She said lifting her feet to the coffee table.

"What's between you and Llanis?" I asked and she smiled.

"To make it short... He's my boyfriend..."

"And you didn't even tell us?"

"It's not necessary!"

"Llanis said he was punishing you! Because you abandoned them! Why? Is it because..." I trailed off.

"Because he's a killer?" She asked and smirked.

"Okay! But why do you seem surprised? That is what this city is all about! It's the nest for killers..." she said.

"A-are you saying you're like them too?" I asked with my tears on the verge of falling.

"Yes Lisa... I'm like them... And that's exactly the reason why I abandoned them..." She said and I saw tears forming in her eyes.

"Because I don't want to do it anymore... But we have a rules we live by in this city... Once we became a part of the Cold Bodies... We can never leave... And the punishment for abandoning them is death..." she said with her eyes slowly filling wih rage.

I could no longer recognize my innocent friend from her.

"I should have been dead a week after I left. But my brother risk their trust to protect me... Our leader gave me a last chance... They will not kill me but he left Llanis in charge of punishing me wirh his own terms in a month..." she explained.

"That day, when we saw Yohan and Eunwoo at the mall... I knew right away that my brother is coming from me... He told me that he can no longer protect me... So I had to make a choice... If I didn't return to them... They will kill all of you... This is the only way I can protect you!" She said and finally started crying.

I couldn't help but also cry.

"I understand if you don't wanna be my friend anymore..." she added wiping off her tears.

I walked towards her and sat beside her. I pulled her for a hug and stroke her back with my hand.

"Aww! It's alright Kessie!... I understand how you feel... I'm thankful to know that you would risk your own life to protect us... Thank you for that... Whatever kind of person you are... We will always be friends!" I said while tears are falling from my eyes.

She started crying like a kid and hugged me back.

Lau's Pov

I was busy fixing my hair when Ierre suddey walked towards me and snatch my compact mirror.

"Yah!!! Give it back!" I said with girly tone.

"Hey! You wanna come?" She asked leaning her face towards me.

What a b**ch!

"Where?" I asked rolling my eyes.

"Remeber I mentioned you that I already found my brother yesterday?" She asked blinking her eyes playfully.

Da*n! I could kiss her!

"Yeah?" I rolled my eyes again.

"Cyril unnie said she'll treat us for dinner after our class today! You wanna come?" She asked.