DDC 31

Kessie's Pov

Tomorrow is the day the boys had been looking forward. The day the girls fear the most.

It's the day where they will leave us on our own. We could die during the mission given that we have no idea who's coming for us.

We've been training so hard just for this day. Llanis told me that I improved so much and if I continue to train harder, I will be back to the way I used to be.

He's been too serious everytime he was with me. I kept thinking that it was just his habit whenever they're preparing for something. But I notice that he's much serious than the others.

He never smiled to me after that night. It's always awkward when it's just the two of us. Especially in his room since I still sleep there.

"We should call it a day!" Maxine said finally deciding to finish our 14 hours non-stop training.

The girls sat on the floor while Lisa and I took a glass of water from the mini-kitchen.

"Tomorrow's the day..." Lara said staring at something.

"Don't think too much about it! It's not like we're training you to kill someone! We're just preparing you to protect yourselves! We really hate dead weights!" Maxine said and looked at me.

I rolled my eyes looking the other way. Everytime she mentions that word when I'm around, she would always look at me. She still can't get over after the trade game.

"You don't know how we feel right now Maxine! Because unlike you! We've never dirt our hands with blood before!" Cyril said.

"Really?" Maxine said with a mocking tone and looked at me again.

"Yah!!! Why do you keep looking at Kessie? You think I haven't noticed you looking at her whenever you say dead weight or whatsoever stupid!?" Lisa suddenly raised her voice at her while she just remained with a poker face.

"Acting all tough, kid! Just because you already know that Kessie was one of us while your friends don't!" She said and I rolled my eyes again.

I'm not still sure if the girls already know. But I'm sure that Lisa knows already.

"That's not true! She was just working with you because of Kenzie! She's never killed anyone!" Ierre defended me and both me and Lisa looked away.

"I'm sorry..." the only words that came out of my mouth.

"Yah!!! You're not saying that this b**ch is telling the truth! Are you!!?" Cyril tried to refrain from yelling.

"Answer her Kessie! Tell her that this B**CH is telling the truth!" She said with a sarcastic tone while pointing herself.

"I wasn't just working for them unnie... I was one of them..." I started and they all sighed with disappointment printed on their faces.

"You used to be the best..." Maxine said before shooting another arrow to the target standee.

"I ran away from them because I don't want to do it anymore... But I know that even if I try to run, they can always find me... If it wasn't because of my brother... I would have been dead before we met... As one of this clan. I know that there's a punishment for what I did... I was suppose to be executed for betraying them... But Tyrone put Llanis incharge of my punishment..." I explained.

"Llanis still have his head over heels for you, Kessie! And it's disappointing! Because he's too good and he doesn't deserve you!" Maxine commented and shot another arrow.