-I-

In the marvelous kingdom of Ephiphania, the capital called Seoulvia is bustling with life. Due to the great king, poverty was least of the problems in the kingdom. Corruption however, is all over the land. Selfish nobles abuse their workers and only give them sufficient amount of income for food alone, leaving the workers buried in debt to them.

Which is why two young individuals promote charity programmes to ease this problem; The omega Prince Kim Seokjin of Ephiphania and the  alpha, Lord Kim Namjoon of the Noble house of Kims.

--

The Kim household is in charge of a large portion of land and have a lot of workers under their supervision. This is such for they are very distant relatives of the royal family who shares the same family name as them. But the current royal family and the current generation of the Kim Household are far from related. The last pair of Kims from both families that got wedded was centuries ago.

Relatives marrying each other is common practice to maintain the family wealth within the household. The Kims don’t allow their heirs to marry outside of the family or the royal family; seeing as marrying other nobles or commoners is just going decrease their wealth.

Today, Kim Namjoon, heir to the noble house of the Kims, an alpha, is pacing around his brother's room while chewing on his nails, nervous. He’s going to meet his betrothed, his cousin.

He doesn’t even know what his cousin looks like or even their name! All Namjoon knows that his cousin is a male beta who can’t even produce an heir, and has the family name Kim. Namjoon’s distressed pheromones were all over the place, making his younger brother, Kim Yoongi cry in his crib.

“Oh sorry Yoonie.” Namjoon apologized as he carefully picked up his brother, releasing calming pheromones as he did so. “Hyungie is a little bit upset.”

Namjoon looked down on his brother fondly as he rocked him gently as how Yoongi would like it.

Namjoon isn’t bothered by the fact he’s betrothed to his cousin, its normal. But what bothered him is that maybe his cousin is pushy, a snob and a complete witch like the woman he has for a mother. Secretly, Namjoon is also quite worried that his cousin would look horrendous.

However, what Namjoon is more upset about is the fact that his cousin can’t even give him pups. The alpha is fond of the idea of having pups that he will be a good father too, just like his late father.

The late head of the Kim household is an alpha woman who died from an assassination that Namjoon and the rest of the family luckily survived from. Namjoon has fond memories of her and promised to live out her legacy to the best of abilities. But with his mother acting like a complete witch- scratch that, a complete bitch, Namjoon is that close to snapping and just abscond with his brother.

As Namjoon placed a now asleep Yoongi back to his crib, a soft knock could be heard from the door.

“Come in.” Mumbled Namjoon softly, as to not wake his brother.

The door was opened by a beta maid who immediately scrunched his nose, seeing as he got hit by extreme alpha pheromones. Behind the beta, is Kim Shin-ae, the omega who’s currently head of the Kim household, noticed the unpleasant expression on the servant. Shin-ae raised her hand to slap the servant who bowed, anticipating the hit.

“Mother, must we hit the servants? My unpleasant pheromones caused their displeasure. Please, refrain from punishing them for no valid reason.” Namjoon said, holding his mother’s wrist.

Shin-hae frowned, slapping her son’s hand away. Despite the negative expression on her face, her beauty didn’t falter. As an omega, their beauty is permanent and in every motion, they remain elegant. However, due to lose of her mate, Shin-ae’s eyes remained lifeless and her personality worsened. Shin-ae has never been a kind and gentle omega like the others. But now, she’s just a cruel bitch, as Namjoon would say.