-XXI-

(Night 7 of Namjoon and Seokjin’s disappearance)

“Well it’s a long story.” Soobin sighed, eschewing his eyes to the floor, his hands rested on top of the table while his eyebrows furrowed into a frown.

“I’m here to listen. And I’m sure you could leave by early dawn tomorrow.” Taehyung insisted, placing a hand on top of Soobin's.

“Alright then. Then let’s start from the very beginning.” Soobin cleared his throat. “Your mother and I are really good friends-“

“Wait what?! How old are you then?!” Taehyung exclaimed, bewildered but didn't remove his hand off Soobin's.

“Shut up. Im in my late-thirties. I’m still young.” Soobin rolled his eyes, blushing in embarrassment.

“WHAT?!” Taehyung exclaimed, making Soobin cover his mouth. “Shhh! Kai is already asleep! Disturbing a pregnant omega from his sleep is like waking up a dragon! Kai gets pissy and orders everyone around!”

“Sorry.” Taehyung flushed in embarrassment as well, showing a sheepish smile. "Forgive my outburst."

“Anyway, as I was saying, Me and Irene are really good friends. We used to travel together but I left her in the middle of the journey since I have to do my job as an assassin. I didn’t see her for years. I really can’t tell you much except the fact you’re not really a Kim heir.” Soobin sighed once again, earning a shocked look from Taehyung.

“What?!” Taehyung exclaimed but in a hushed manner. “What do you exactly mean by not being a Kim heir?”

“You’re not the heir of the Kim Household here. Irene is a Kim but she’s not from this bloodline. She’s a noble Kim from El Persona who came here. She came here with her lover and carrying you already but since she’s only a month in the pregnancy, it’s not obvious that she’s pregnant.”

“Wait… She has someone before father? And she’s pregnant before meeting father… Oh my.” Taehyung opened his mouth in shock.

“Your so called father met Irene and her lover on the road. He was drunk from celebrating after a successful hunt. Irene and her lover were camping and I have just separated from them. That bastard Kim Jongsun killed Irene’s lover and claimed your mother as his own. He had his way with her and Irene couldn’t do anything about it since an omega can’t fight against an alpha.” Soobin seethed at the memory, shaking while balling up his fists in anger.

Taehyung could only stare at the fuming alpha with mouth agape as he tried to process all information.

“Jongsun woke up and realized what he had done wrong and married Irene to take responsibility. Of course Irene had no choice so she would survive. She was broken since her lover is dead and for her, she can’t travel without her true mate. When she started showing signs of pregnancy, Jongsun thought you were his and was so happy to have a heir.” Soobin rolled his eyes, mockingly.

“I returned when you were born since I’ve been looking for Irene and her lover months earlier. When Irene saw me, she was carrying you as she broke down and told me everything.” Soobin said biting his lip as if hiding something but Taehyung payed it no mind. Maybe Soobin was just drying his chapped lips.

“Years later when you’re about 5… Irene called for me. Told me to assassinate the man who took her lover’s life. She waited years just to ensure you have a place and still be the heir when Jongsun is gone.” Soobin’s lips quivered, hands shaking which Taehyung caressed to help calm down the alpha even a bit, which didn't work as Soobin still shook with anger and sadness.

“I gladly took the job. However when I was about to strike and kill Jongsun, Shin-ae appeared in the room and moved the knife towards Irene who was feigning sleep. It was too late. I was caught off-guard and before I knew it, I killed her. I killed Irene instead of that bastard!” Soobin broke down crying.

Taehyung was shocked. He wanted to be mad but he knows that it was actually Shin-ae who killed his mother, not Soobin. He’s also mad at Jongsun. He could’ve been with his real parents if it weren’t for him! The only good thing that came out of this is the fact that he’s a Kim. If he weren’t a Kim he would’ve no chance in seeing or meeting Jungkook.

Taehyung embraced Soobin and released calming pheromones to help the alpha ease up, which Soobin accepted as he embraced back.

“I’m so sorry Tae. If I was more aware, If I didn’t let Shin-ae move my hand- Irene would’ve been still alive and well!” Soobin cried into Taehyung’s embrace.

“Shh… It’s fine. Calm down.” Taehyung assured as he combed the alpha’s hair with his fingers. “It’s Jongsun and Shin-ae’s fault. I’ll never forgive them. I may be kind and forgiving but this is not something I’ll tolerate.” Taehyung growled.

Soobin just sobbed and nodded as he wiped his own tears.

“If you’re a friend of my mother, why did you just appear in my life right now?” Taehyung asked, calming down and setting his anger aside. Getting all furious and worked up wouldn’t do him any merit. And besides, Kai and Taehyun are asleep.

“I have always been looking out for you. I’m the one who delievers medicine for you every month. Speaking of those medicines, have you taken it?” Soobin asked, composing himself.

“Huh? Oh yeah I did. The purple liquid right?” Taehyung asked, casually lying through his teeth. The beta wouldn’t say that he’s a good liar, it’s just that the person he’s lying to don’t heed much. He would bite a small part of his lip inside and his eyes would widen like saucers- looking like a kicked puppy.

“Oh, good. I don’t know what I would do if you didn’t. Irene would’ve risen from her grave and choke me to death.” Soobin sighed in relief, making Taehyung guilty but the beta just smiled and even managed to giggle.

“Oh is that so? What’s the medicine for anyway?” Taehyung asked.

“Due to Irene being depressed her whole pregnancy, she fell ill. You caught the illness when you were born so you must take the medicine monthly. It aids your immune system since its very weak.” Soobin replied. “Remember to take it monthly without fail. It doesn’t matter if you accidentally drank twice or thirce a month but the important thing is that you took it.”

“Ohh. Thank you for looking out for me.” Taehyung smiled, bowing slightly.

Honestly, the beta still doesn’t care. He wouldn’t take the medicine no matter what. Maybe he’ll meet his real parents on the other side and finally be happy. Jungkook may know him and even is infatuated with him but infatuation wouldn’t last long. Hence why it’s called infatuation in the first place.

Taehyung knows that the day will come when Jungkook would marry a beautiful omega in front of his eyes and he’ll only be a lady in waiting. He wouldn’t be on the altar with Jungkook. He wouldn’t be the one Jungkook will vow to love for the rest of eternity. He wouldn’t be the one Jungkook will wake up to and share a bed with. He wouldn’t be the one Jungkook will seat next to on the throne. He wouldn’t be the one Jungkook would take on trips. He wouldn’t be the one Jungkook would come home to. He wouldn’t be the one the alpha would kiss lovingly on the lips. He wouldn’t be the one the alpha would hold at night. His body wouldn’t be the body the alpha would worship.

And most importantly, he wouldn’t be the one to carry the alpha’s pups. He wouldn’t be the mother of Jungkook’s pups. He wouldn’t be the one Jungkook will take care of during pregnancy.

He wouldn’t be the one.

So he doesn’t care. He doesn’t care if death would come at his doorsteps. He’ll willing go. For in the mortal world all that’s waiting for him is pain and sadness. He’s happy he’s of help to many people- Namjoon and Seokjin, the civilians he fed and thought to write, the people he served, and Jungkook by being his advisor.

 And that’s enough for him.

If he were to die, he’ll die happily with those thoughts in mind and meet his real parents on the after life. He’ll finally meet his father who would hopefully love him like his mother.

So he wouldn’t take the medicine.

And he’ll finally be happy.