-XLII-

(2 months and 2 days [Day 60] since Namjoon and Seokjin's disappearance)

Taehyung who's wearing a dark cloak and moonflower perfume speed past the guards, alarming them, making them chase after him. It's quite dark after all since the sun hasn't risen yet, however the omega queen doesn't have time to complain about the darkness. His only father figure will be in trouble if he wouldn't show his selfish arse up.

Taehyung stopped at the grand stairs, hopping off his horse, leaving it be as he went up. Suddenly, he was grabbed by the guards.

"Halt! What do you think you're doing?!" The guards bellowed as they held their queen, not knowing it was Taehyung since his face and scent are covered.

"I need to see the King!" Taehyung growled, he really has no time for these guards.

"Who are you to order that?!" One guard growled back.

"If you would let me go and let me remove my cloak that would surely answer your question." Taehyung hissed. A guard took his cloak off, revealing Taehyung in commoner clothing, dirt on his face and twigs stuck on his rat nest of hair. The guards immediately let go and bowed.

"My queen!" They exclaimed in sync, tears welling up their eyes. "We're glad you're safe and well! King Jungkook will surely calm down and be pleased! Your assassin has been caught as well!"

Taehyung looked at the guard, raising an eyebrow, his eyes piercing with anger. "Who?"

"Kim Shin-ae. Former King Seungjun himself took the responsibility of executing her in the Tower of Seoulvia." One guard muttered, eyes planted on the ground. Despite being an omega, their queen surely is frightening yet beguiling at the same time.

"I'll deal with her later. Where's Soobin?!" Taehyung demanded.

"He's with the psychians, resting up in the ward. Alpha Soobin-nim has been stabbed by Shin-ae, loosing blood in the process." One guard replied, shaking as the omega released enraged pheromones before storming in the palace, alerting the servants and guards inside.

"First my wedding, my pups, my mother, Namjoon hyung, now Soobin?! How could one sleep easy at night while being the biggest piece of excrement to ever lived?!" Taehyung growled, ignoring the stares and look of relief of servants he passed as he dashed to the ward.

He barged in and saw Kai, sitting by Soobin's bed, holding his mate's hand. Kai turned to Taehyung and smiled broadly at the omega, though his eyes were pooling out tears and sadness.

"I want to be really sad but Binnie said I shouldn't feel sad at all or our baby would be sad too..." Kai cried though his lips are still formed into a smiled. Taehyung doesn't know whether to laugh or cry but he decided for the latter and embraced Kai. "I'm sorry Kai... It's my fault for leaving."

"Tae, you couldn't have done anything. Soobin went up to the attic by himself." Kai assured, his eyes showing sincerity as he wiped Taehyung's tears away. "But, but... Jungkook chased Soobin hyung, forcing him to go there in the first place! If I didn't leave at all, Jungkook wouldn't have gone berserk." Taehyung sniffled.

"We all know clearly that it's all Shin-ae's fault. Luckily, she's receiving the hanged, drawn and quartered execution." Kai smiled, a dark glint in his eyes as Taehyung shuddered. The omega has not been expose to torture but he is aware that tortures do happen, even in Ephiphania. Despite being labeled the 'Kindest and Good willed' king, Seungjun is not innocent and is guilty of torturing people, but only to those who deserve it.

If the criminal's sins are light, Seungjun would've just used the guillotine or the saw method as a sign of mercy, giving them a quick death.
However, if the criminal's sins are just beyond reason, Seungjun has a lot of creative methods in store for them. Soobin was sentenced to the coffin method where he'll be cramped into a small coffin cage that will be hanged in the forest to let crows and insects eat him slowly. Luckily, Seokjin was there on the day of his trial and saw potential in him, demanding to have Soobin as his bodyguard. Seungjun and Jungkook were weary of Soobin before but they have seen how loyal the alpha is and let him be.

Taehyung just smiled awkwardly in return before breaking the embrace to embrace Soobin's sleeping form.

"Hyungie... You better wake up soon." Taehyung cried as he kissed Soobin's forehead. "Thank you for everything."

Taehyung bid goodbye to the two so he could take a bath and fix himself before confronting his mate. Jungkook surely wouldn't like seeing him look like a peasant. However, it seems like things aren't just going well with Taehyung since as soon as he got out of the ward, he bumped into Jungkook. Jungkook was fuming and glaring at Taehyung. The omega gulped and tried to make a run for it, only to be carried by Jungkook over the shoulders like a sack of potatoes.

"Wah- Gguk! Let me go!" Taehyung trashed around.

Jungkook stopped once he heard what Taehyung said, making the omega confused and look at him.

"Gguk?"

Jungkook didn't say anything and ran to their room, still carrying Taehyung over his shoulder. It wasn't easy as the ward is at the ground floor and their room is at the fourth floor. Once they reached their room, Jungkook immediately locked the door and threw Taehyung on the sofa that they had inside.

"How did you know the nickname Seokjin hyung has for me?!" Jungkook growled as he sniffed Taehyung. The alpha manage to catch a small wiff of Seokjin's scent on Taehyung but it soon disappeared due to the moonflower doing its job. "And is that Seokjin hyung's scent?!"

"What are you talking about?" Taehyung asked, feigning a frown, however, he's really panicking internally. He can't reveal Namjoon and Seokjin's secret. Not when they're happy ad living the domestic dream life.

"Don't play me for a fool Tae." Jungkook growled.

"So are we really doing this? I disappeared and you went bonkers, even threatening to hang Soobin hyung! But now that I'm here you don't even ask where I've been, how I am, why do I look like this and why did I even leave!" Taehyung exclaimed, half-lying as he forced himself to cry and let out depressed pheromones.

Jungkook managed to snap out of his enraged self and looked at his mate with apologetic and loving eyes. "Tae... I'm sorry." Jungkook muttered as he sat beside Taehyung and made his mate sit on his lap. The alpha released calming pheromones as he caressed Taehyung's face and kissed him, however the omega didn't kiss back.

"Do you... Really love me?" Taehyung asked though this time he isn't sure if it's a question made to distract Jungkook or a real question he wanted to ask. The omega met his mate's gaze, their eyes locked on each other. Taehyung's eyes were blank, protected to not show emotion while Jungkook's eyes showed desperation, pain and love.

"Of course Tae... What made you doubt it? If it's my temper I'm really sorry. We both lost our pups yet here I am, acting like it's only affecting me. I'm really sorry, my love, for ever making you doubt my feelings for you. I'm sorry I have failed to be your mate." Jungkook cried, leaning unto Taehyung's neck but sadly couldn't smell his mate's scent.

"I just don't like how we fight then make up then fight again, repeat. I thought that if I left for a little while, we get to clear our heads and think our actions through. And you didn't fail as my mate. I know who I choose to love. I know who I married." Taehyung smiled softly as he kissed Jungkook on the forehead. "Now please excuse me, I look like I have went through a storm."

Jungkook whined and held unto Taehyung tighter.

"What if you'll leave me again?" Jungkook whined, nuzzling into Taehyung's neck more. "I don't know what I'll do if I don't see you for another three days!"

"I'm supposed to return tomorrow, just so you know. Then I heard from Soobin hyung that you're threatening to hang him. Which Seokjin hyung predicted." Taehyung giggled, not realising what he said.

"What?!" Jungkook exclaimed, looking at Taehyung in utter shock. Taehyung realised what he said and resist the urge to widen his eyes and bite his lips.

"Oh yeah, I'm not going to tell you where I stayed but I have a servant there that's named Lee Seokjin. He's older than me so I call him hyung." Taehyung smiled, easily lying through his teeth. Jungkook stared at his mate, suspicious but believed it otherwise. He did see his brother's remains afterall... But did he?