-IX-

(Day 1 of Namjoon and Seokjin's disappearance)

Jungkook was worried about his hyung. Their father was really mean to Seokjin. He can't blame his hyung since all he could see is platonic love emitting from the two.

Seokjin and Namjoon are after all the two most influential persons when it comes to the prosperity of their kingdom. They helped the poor and commoners in anyway possible and inspired a lot of people. So maybe they just found a mutual understanding between each other and probably talking about their future projects. Jealous and good for nothing nobles just couldn't get their flaps shut and kept on making the interaction of the two a big deal, only because one is an omega and the other an alpha.

Right now, Jungkook and Seungjun are walking down the hall to have breakfast, both had just woke up. The alpha prince suddenly had a dreadful feeling wash over him, like a wave, it just passed by him. He suddenly felt like there was something wrong, an unexplained weight has formed up in his stomach, making him flinch.

"Your Highnesses!" The general named Yugyeom called out, stopping the two as the alpha went near them.

"What is it I have yet to eat my breakfast-"

"The second prince has been attacked and is-!" Yugyeom cut the king off, voice wavering, body quivering and tears at the end of his eyes forming. The general bowed lowly as he cried.
"F-Forgive me for interrupting."

"What?!" Jungkook exclaimed in disbelief as he ran towards his brother's room. It was unlocked and when he came in, everything is a mess. Furniture was everywhere, the bed was torn up, clothes were torn or spread around the floor. But most importantly, his brother's nightgown was torn into pieces and had blood in them. As if a beast has came in and shred his brother to pieces. But a beast doesn't exist. Someone really messed up must have came in and murdered his brother mercilessly and even bought the remains!

Jungkook yelled and let out a wave of enraged pheromones, followed by depressed pheromones. He then broke down into tears as he clutched his brother's bloody nightgown tightly. He was shaking as he cried. How could anyone do this? After all his brother has done for their kingdom, after all his brother's sacrifice, how could they just murder him mercilessly?!

"Jungkook..." He heard his father softly say behind him. The alpha prince didn't bother to turn around and continued to clutch his brother's clothes. His brother is just a mere omega- he can't fight back at his attacker. His brother has always been so gentle and weak; well, at least he think he is. His brother is trained to be an omega, he can't possibly know how to fight back- it's his job as the alpha sibling to protect him but he failed and now, his brother is gone.

The king placed a hand on the prince's shoulder as he also kneeled, tears flowing out of his eyes that are now lifeless as he was once again reminded of the passing of his mate. He lost his precious boy, he lost the only fruit of love that he and his mate made.

"I should've been more nice to him. I shouldn't have called him all those names. I didn't know he'll die so soon. Now he'll go to the afterlife thinking he's a disgrace." The king sobbed.

"I should've been here to protect him now he's gone. Hyungie... Hyung didn't deserve this father! It's unfair! Why are the good people always the first to die! That's not fair! And he haven't even meet his mate... All brother has done was to sacrifice his love life to serve the kingdom, he's more of a prince than I'll ever be! And to think I'll be succeeding the throne instead of him... How unfitting." Jungkook punched the floor as the tears cascaded on the floor which glisten as the sunlight beam shone brightly from the open balcony door.

"He was more of a king than I ever was." Seungjun said as he took his crown off and placed it on top of his son's remains.

A beta servant came in, sobbing. Everyone was in despair to hear the news of their beloved prince dead. "Excuse me your Highnesses, but the Kims will be visiting the palace. The Kim heir has been murdered and the second heir, a baby was stolen."