-LIII-

(3 years, 8 months, 4 nights since Namjoon and Seokjin's disappearance)

The sky has gotten dark yet thundering gallops of hooves can still be heard on the road near the Kim Territory and Jung Territory border.

Taehyung was hopeful that Namjoon and Seokjin have returned home. That would save them a whole lot of time and drama. All he had to do is tell the two about the revolution, bring them back to the palace, make up some story about rogues kidnapping them, tell that to everyone and everyone would be happy. The end.

If only life were that easy.

The queen let out a huff as the chilly air of the night stared to get to him, his hands freezing whilst he clutched unto the reins, the leather feeling heavy on his hands. Ahead him, Soobin stopped, turning his head to face the omega.

"Perhaps we can rest for the night and have supper?" Soobin suggested. "You seemed famished."

"No-" Taehyung tried to argue, frowning a bit before being cut off by Soobin.

"Being hypocritical are we?" The alpha smirked in a taunting manner. "You complained that Jungkook did eat nor rest enough. Yet here you are, refusing to take a break nor have supper."

Taehyung rolled his eyes, sighing.

"I suppose we can camp for dinner."

They found a nice clearing, not too far from the road and gave the horses some water and a lot of apples before making a small campfire. They sat on the ground, legs crossed. The queen wasn't wearing a dress, rather he wore his husband's horseback riding clothes once more so sitting on the ground wouldn't make him uncomfortable.

Soobin handed Taehyung a sandwich, tomatoes, lettuce, cucumber, and finely cooked chicken breast tucked in between two loaves. The omega smiled slightly and muttered a thanks as he took the sandwich from the elder alpha. Soobin sat on the ground, opposite of where Taehyung is and ate his own share of sandwich silently.

Taehyung started to eat his sandwich with small bites, staring into the fire before him as he let his mind drift off.

Jungkook should be fine now that he's able to rest, the sleeping medicine he placed in that tea should keep him asleep for as long as his body needs to. Beomgyu has recovered from his fever and should be able to take care of Jimin and Sungho just fine.

Then, he thought about Namjoon and Seokjin. They were selfish but they deserve the freedom and happiness they have now. And because of this misunderstanding, the people have revolted, wanting to avenge their so called deaths.

Though the two of them are currently living in a harsh environment and status as being commoners, it's a life Taehyung wants to experience for himself as well since he saw Namjoon and Seokjin having more to spend with their pups. Jungkook and Taehyung barely has time to even take care of Jimin and Sungho, Beomgyu and Kai being the ones to look after the pups while they attend meetings after meetings or make programmes.

Taehyung then thought about Jungkook once again. He loved the alpha for so long, never once expecting that his love would be returned. He never even expected to marry the alpha when he was taught to be Namjoon's mate. Taehyung was trained  to please Namjoon and is aware of all Namjoon's dislikes and likes despite not being able to talk casually before.  Now that Taehyung is married to Jungkook and even had a pup with him, it all just feels too unreal.

Never once was the Gods in favour of Taehyung so it scares him that maybe one day, they would take Jimin and Jungkook from him. Now, all Taehyung wants to do is to run back home and appreciate his time with Jimin and Jungkook as much as he possibly can.