-II-

Opposite of the city from where the Noble Kim household manor was located, there stood the humongous and brilliant palace where the royal family of Ephiphania resides.

A large slap can be heard in the royal salon. The King named Seungjun, couldn't contain his temper any longer. His son's bratty attitude is getting too much to tolerate!

Some of the maids gasped softly. Prince Jungkook of Ephiphania was about to rescue his older brother and take the hit but Prince Seokjin looked at the King straight in the eyes before slapping the alpha hard, causing everyone to gasped louder.

Seungjun winced and massaged his cheek before sighing. Of course he should've expected Seokjin to return the slap, knowing he wouldn't get into serious trouble if he did so. A trait which Seungjun should've expected when he said;

"Act like a proper omega in court but act however you want to darling."

At that time Seokjin was just a pup and still had his mate with him. He never dealed with Seokjin's private attitude before as his mate and servants used to take care of the little prince but now he's regretting ever uttering those words.

Seokjin is the only remembrance of his late mate so he spoiled him with everything he can, not being able to resist being putty in his son’s hands.

“Omegas don’t act like brutes-“ The King was once again cut off by Seokjin.

“Bla, bla- Omegas shouldn’t act like this, shouldn't act like that! Father I'm tired of acting like a proper omega the whole week! I have to attend to ambassadors and act like I'm interested in those royal alphas! What’s next, you’re going to marry off to a prince from a faraway kingdom to form a new bloody alliance?!" The omega exclaimed before taking a deep breath.

The pent up stress of meetings, acting like everyone expected him to be, and the paperwork to keep his programmes running is slowly creeping up to him. At this point, Seokjin is too exhausted to think and too exhausted to care about anything.

Seungjun gulped while Jungkook scratched the back of his neck, awkwardly laughing.

“About that…” Seungjun started, not meeting Seokjin’s gaze. Seokjin became frozen in realization. Just by his father's eschewing eyes while rubbing his hands together, Jungkook smiling awkwardly while looking at the ground- the omega understood almost immediately and yelled loudly.

Seokjin fumed, stomping around, and throwing a fit. He's already troubled as it is and now he has to deal with a forced arrangement?!

He rushed towards Jungkook and engulf his half-brother in a hug, tears already at corner of his eyes from the suppressed anger and stress- however the enraged and distressed pheromones emitting from him already tells them everything. Everyone except Seokjin have to cover their noses to block out his pheromones.

“Can you believe this Kookie? How could our father dear do this to me- marrying me off to some random alpha that’s probably from a bloody kingdom with less value from ours! And the alpha would probably think he’s the best of the best and treat me like his wank warmer! Well guess what father, I’m not agreeing to this arrangement!”

Seokjin glared, embracing Jungkook tightly to the point the alpha can’t even breathe.

“But my beautiful Lily of the valley, the arrangement can’t be called off! And besides, you’re 26! You’re late in age for marriage!”

“Father, I believe hyung can be married in whatever age he wants.” Jungkook said, finally managing to break away from his brother’s grasp.

“Exactly! Wow, I didn’t know you can be smart Jungkook!” Jin smiled at his brother.