-XXXVI-

(A month and 3 weeks [Day 54] of Namjoon and Seokjin's disappearance)

Taehyung woke up, his face stained with tears. His insides were burning and his body is aching.

"Tae, please stay strong." Jungkook cried, holding unto his mate.

The doctor came in with glassy eyes and a strained expression.

"I'm sorry to break it to you two but... You were having twins. However, they have absorbed the poison and the longer they stay there, the longer they would poison Luna. I'm sorry your Highnesses but we had no choice but to take them out. We already made Luna drink the serum in his sleep." The doctor said, his eyebrows furrowed and eyes glassy.

Taehyung began to get hysterical, releasing distressed pheromones, ignoring the pain in his body.

"NO YOU CAN'T! YOU CAN'T TAKE OUR PUPS! KOOKIE PLEASE TELL THEM TO LEAVE ME AND OUR PUPS ALONE!" Taehyung cried, shaking Jungkook's hand, begging him to stop the doctor. Jungkook just shook his head, tears forming on his eyes.

"Tae... I can't loose you."

"I CAN'T LOOSE OUR PUPS TOO!" Taehyung shouted.

"Please calm dow-"

"PISS OFF! I'M KEEPING MY PUPS. YOU CAN'T TAKE THEM AWAY!" Taehyung said, clutching his belly.

Then suddenly, he felt a rush of something wet and hot come out of his hole. Taehyung froze and looked underneath the covers. Blood. It can't be. It can't be...

"IT CAN'T BE! My pups..." Taehyung cut himself off, getting out of the bed, ignoring the pain in his abdomen that he felt as he ran to the balcony. Fortunately, Jungkook was quick to stop him before he could even think of leaping off.

Taehyung might be all smiles and looked carefree but deep inside, he always had this self destructive nature within him. When he felt that he looses purpose, he wouldn't hesitate to end his life. This time, loosing his pups meant loosing everything, not even thinking that Jungkook and other people still needed him, slowly succumbing to the despair he's feeling.

The omega broke down on the floor in Jungkook's arms, the alpha crying hard as well.

"I'm enraged and upset that we lost our pups but Taehyung please don't kill yourself! I can't loose you!" Jungkook cried as he embraced his omega who's trying to get out of his hold.

"Let go of me! I need to be with my pups! I'm useless! I'm nothing!" Taehyung cried, thrashing around whilst in tears.

"FOR FUCKS SAKE CALM DOWN!" Jungkook shouted with his alpha voice, making Taehyung freeze. Jungkook sighed and calmed himself down as he kissed his mate briefly before embracing him. "Honey, I love you and I'm as upset as you are for loosing our pups, however ending your life isn't the answer! Please don't be selfish. I need you. The kingdom needs you." Jungkook cried as he kissed Taehyung on the forehead. The omega just stared at him blankly, tired of crying and thinking of anything.

The doctors, servants and Seungjun could only watch the mates in pity as they cried themselves.

Seungjun clenched his fists in anger. Whoever tried to assassinate Taehyung will pay. The former king wouldn't even allow them to have a death sentence. Whoever the assassin is will pay with a slow and painful death. He lost his grandchildren and his son's wedding day is ruined. He just can't let this pass.

Jungkook wanted to hunt for the assassin himself. How dare they ruin his and Taehyung's wedding and kill their pups?! Jungkook seethed in anger but controlled his pheromones as he carried a hysterical Taehyung back on the bed.