-XXIII-

(Day 9 of Namjoon and Seokjin’s disappearance.)

Jungkook was in a turmoil within himself. He couldn’t focus. After seeing Taehyung all cuddled up against that alpha he swore he would’ve barged in and choked Soobin to death. But he just silently closed the door and ran to the training field where he took all his anger out on sandbags.

He knows he’s jealous but he doesn’t know why to this extent. Yes Taehyung is perfect and all but he’s a beta. Jungkook badly wants to make Taehyung his Queen since the people already love him. The problem is, the people- especially the court wouldn’t allow Taehyung to be one. After all, Jungkook has no relatives since they all died from the former war. Seokjin is gone too. So if Jungkook dies without a heir, the kingdom would fall.

Jungkook sighed as he hit his head on his desk repeatedly, unknown to him that a certain beta was passing by and heard light thuds outside.

“Alpha! Don’t do that!” Taehyung exclaimed as he ran towards the alpha who immediately looked up from hearing his voice.

“Oh. Taehyung.” Jungkook groaned as he massaged his forehead. “What brings you here?”

“Well, I was about to leave to see Soobin off and I happen to pass by and I heard you bang your head on the table.” Taehyung started. “Is there something wrong alpha?” The beta's eyes were full of worry and adoration, his beautiful thin lips  pursed and his cheeks puffed up as he caressed the bruise forming on the Prince's forehead.

The way Taehyung looks at him is just addicting to see. It feels magnetic and amazing to see when both of your eyes meet and both eyes display the same emotion- adoration.

Taehyung must’ve felt shy staring at each other for too long and broke eye contact by looking down at the floor, removing his hand from the alpha's forehead. The beta’s cheeks were flushing which Jungkook found absolutely adorable.

“If that’s all alpha, I’ll be off now. Take care of yourself and avoid slamming your head on the desk please.” Taehyung smiled awkwardly then bowed before leaving.

Jungkook wanted nothing more than to just grab Taehyung by the arm and pin the beta on his desk then kiss him hard. But he just stared blankly as he watched Taehyung leave his study.

“I hate that you’re perfect for me Tae-hyungie.” Jungkook sighed, shaking his head as he leaned unto his hand.

 Then he remembered something.

‘Taehyung is going to see Soobin off?!’ Jungkook hissed. Taehyung has been spending a lot of time with that dammed alpha. It’s starting to annoy Jungkook to the point he wanted to fight Soobin. What’s so special about him anyway?! Jungkook is an alpha too! He’s handsome, strong and smart! Why are all omegas and sub betas throwing themselves at that stupid former assassin?! He swore Seokjin would’ve married the alpha if it weren’t the fact that Soobin is already married!

Wait, did he lie to Taehyung and did not tell him that he has a mate and upcoming pup? Oh gods, he could tell Taehyung that and he’ll finally spend less time or not even spend time with Soobin at all! And maybe even tell Taehyung that Soobin is actually approaching his 40’s! Surely the alpha must be lying about his age- taking advantage of his baby face.

And with that, Jungkook followed after the beta, secretly while earning concerned looks from servants as to why he’s carrying a huge flower vase.

Finally Jungkook dismissed the vase when they arrived at the throne room, simply placing the vase on his former throne before following after Taehyung who went out the front door.

The king hid behind the bushes as he spied on his love interest, ignoring the stares of servants and guards who passed by. What can he say? He had fallen deep. He’s what the modern folk would refer to as; ‘whipped’.