-XX-

𝐀/𝐍:𝐀𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫. 𝐒𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐲 :'<
𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐝 𝐂𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭:𝟏𝟑𝟓𝟕

(Night 7 of Seokjin and Namjoon’s disappearance)

“Say, aren’t you an assassin before?” Taehyung asked Soobin in a reluctant manner. They were in a carriage ride to Soobin’s home, sitting together.

“I was.” Soobin said, not really minding the question. It wasn’t such a dark past since he does enjoy his occupation as an assassin before but he dismissed his murderous blood when he choose to dedicate his life to Prince Seokjin.

“Um… How many did you kill? If you don’t mind me asking.” Taehyung flushed, careful but blunt with his words.

“I can’t count. I took many lives but it really doesn’t matter now.” Soobin said. “I have given up that occupation years ago and I’m here to start a new life with my mate and soon to be family.”

“Ah that’s good… But who was the last one you tried to assassinate? The person that made you get caught?” Taehyung asked in pure curiosity despite the fact that it’s probably a hard topic to talk about.

Soobin frooze and stared at Taehyung in the eyes before bluntly saying;

“Your father.”

“What?!” Taehyung exclaimed, backing away from Soobin slightly.

“Please don’t despise me.” Soobin sighed, looking at Taehyung with pleading eyes as he took hold of the beta’s hands.

“O-of course not! Just tell me everything that happened when you tried to assassinate my father.” Taehyung said, putting on a calm façade. He really doesn’t know what to feel about Soobin but he does know that he shouldn’t hate the alpha and ruin their friendship. He’s the only one left he could trust after all and he’s the only friend Taehyung has right now.

“You’ll despise me! You’ll think ill of me when I tell you!” Soobin exclaimed, holding unto Taehyung’s hands tightly.

Taehyung sighed and wrapped Soobin in a reassuring embraced, releasing some calming pheromones.

“I wouldn’t. Trust me. Judging from your reaction, it’ll be a sensitive topic.” Taehyung sighed. “I’ll tell you before I depart. So when I’ll leave afterwards, you’ll have time to think of what your view towards me will be. And I can’t tell you here because we have prying ears in the front.” Soobin said, whispering the last part as he gestured at the coach man in front.

Taehyung nodded in understanding.

“Alright. Sorry for bringing up such topic. This was supposed to be a wonderful night.” Taehyung sighed, looking at Soobin sheepishly.

“It’s fine. Turn that frown upside down and set aside the depressing stuff for later! You’ll meet my mate soon and I can tell you, they’re a real sweetheart and a great cook! You’ll love them!” Soobin smiled.

“I’m sure I will.” Taehyung said smiling, setting aside his curious mind as to why Soobin is so worked up about the topic. Will it’s definitely not a topic you’ll expect a pleasant conversation from, especially if you’re talking to the man who tried to assassinate your father. But Taehyung really doesn’t think ill of Soobin, his father is still alive and well after all.

A few moments later, the carriage stopped.

“We’re here.” Soobin said, smiling as he helped Taehyung get off the carriage by offering a hand towards the beta who took it and slowly get off the carriage, his other hand lifting his dress up.