-XXIX-

(Day 8 of Seokjin and Namjoon's disappearance.)

Seokjin pulled out bread from the oven before placing it on the wooden table provided. The shack came with a few furniture; a wooden table with two chairs, cupboards with dried spices and herbs, an oven, bookshelves with only two books, a closet with old clothes, and a twin sized wooden bed with a mattress.

Seokjin was quick to put Yoongi asleep and swaddled the baby before leaving him on the middle of the bed so he wouldn't fall off while he helps around.

Namjoon went to the town to purchase planks, materials and seeds with Astrid so that left him and Yoongi in the house. Seokjin knew Namjoon would fix the roof so he wouldn't sweep and mop the floor yet. The omega just dusted the given furniture, humming as he did so.

The golden hour came and Namjoon hasn't came back. Seokjin was getting quite worried but he didn't think much of it as he organized their belongings, putting the medicine in the cupboards by the kitchen, storing their spices on the shelves, and placing ingredients in another cupboard.

The omega then found old wooden rods that were supposedly used during the construction of the building. He took two and planted them on the ground at least 10 feet apart. Seokjin then took a chair and stepped on it to tie a rope at the rod. He did the same to the other rod. Now, he had a clothesline. 

The omega searched around the shack and saw a couple of huge wooden buckets which he used to collect water from the stream. 

"Seokjin hyung! I'm back!" Namjoon called out. The omega rushed to greet his alpha only to be surprised when he saw Namjoon on Astrid, a small wagon full of planks and materials behind them. "I got a good deal of one gold for this small wagon!" The alpha exclaimed happily, only for his smile to falter. "I spent the last gold for planks, seeds and some food. Now we only have 2 silver and 13 bronze."

"It's fine alpha. We could look for some herbs in the forest and sell them." Seokjin reassured, embracing the alpha while releasing reassuring pheromones.

Namjoon smiled warmly as he breathed in the calming scent of floral of the omega.

"Thank you omega, for standing by me."

"I should be the one saying that, alpha." Seokjin smiled, meeting his alpha's gaze.

"Well, we better get fixing!" Namjoon smiled giving Seokjin a quick peck before unloading the wagon from Astrid. Seokjin flushed at the unexpected peck before giggling. The omega led Astrid by the stream and let the horse take a sip, Seokjin finger combing the animal's mane while humming.

Namjoon is preparing all the materials. He knew he can't start until tomorrow to fix the roof so he just laid them out neatly. The omega began to prepare a small stew to eat with the now cold bread Seokjin baked earlier in the day.

"Joonie, time to eat!" Seokjin smiled called out as he laid the meal on the table.

"Coming!" Namjoon said, quickly washing his hands in the stream before going in and kissing Seokjin's cheek as a sign of thanks for preparing their meal. They didn't waste time and began to dig in.

"Maybe I should make medicine using herbs we'll collect." Namjoon suggested.

"Please teach me how to do so! I want to work as well!" Seokjin insisted.

"How about Yoongi?" Namjoon sighed as he took another sip from the soup using a wooden spoon. Despite being commoners now, they can't help but observe proper dining etiquette that they grew up with; sitting straight, elegantly using the utensils that have been reduced to three and had a napkin resting on their lap.