-LIV.V-

Chapter 55
(3 years, 8 months, 10 days since Namjoon and Seokjin’s disappearance)

Seokjin groaned softly as his eyes fluttered open.
The cries of blackbirds can be heard outside the window, the howls of the wolves and the yips and yaps of coyotes can be heard in the distance. It’s been almost a month since Seokjin woke up to this kind of setting. Compared to the mornings they had when they were living in the shack, the mornings here are cold and gifted by the pleasant music of nature.

The omega kissed the pups and his mate on their foreheads before going downstairs. Going to the kitchen, he took an empty jug to the living room then setting it down on the floor when he felt the urge to vomit arise. He ran to the bathroom and tried to vomit as silent as he can. He can’t let Namjoon wake up before he has prepared breakfast or else his mate wouldn’t let him do anything. Seokjin took a towel before wiping his lips with it before going to the living room then wearing his coat that hung from the rack.

The omega gave the living room one last look to see if Namjoon or any of the pups have awaken and heading down the stairs. He saw none of them but his eyes did land on a beautiful hourglass he and Namjoon have bought together way back during their first anniversary. The hourglass is quite huge and is beautifully made; it’s made to tell how long a day will last. Seokjin flipped the hourglass, restarting it before going outside.

Seokjin threaded through the snow that seemed to thickened last night and skipped towards the small stream nearby to collect water. At the stream, Seokjin saw a beautiful white wolf, taking a drink.

“Excuse me.” Seokjin said, bowing slightly at the wolf that looked at him before filling his jug with water. Legends say that souls from Elysium that’s so pure can choose to stay in Elysium or be reborn as a wolf; that’s why wolves are treated with respect and care, as Hades himself would curse the person who wronged the wolves. 

The wolf walked towards Seokjin, sniffing the air cautiously. Seokjin just smiled at the white beauty before him and set his jug down before kneeling on the snow. The wolf came close to the omega, nuzzling into Seokjin’s belly as if sensing that a life is growing in there.

“You’re so beautiful.” Seokjin muttered as he carefully petted the wolf’s head. He looked at the wolf’s eyes and saw that its eyes were a swirl of sapphire and silver; an omega. “You’re like me… An omega. No wonder you’re so beautiful.” Seokjin chuckled as the wolf barked happily as if agreeing. There was a howl nearby, catching Seokjin’s attention. Another white wolf sat on the hill, much bigger than the omega wolf in Seokjin’s arms. On a closer look, he could see that the larger wolf’s eyes were a swirl of ocean green and gold; an alpha. 

“Go on now. Your alpha is waiting. I’m sure mine is too.” Seokjin suggested, kissing the wolf on the forehead, until to be returned with a lick in the face and a happy yip from the omega wolf. Seokjin watched as the two wolves ran off in the snow with adoration. He hopes he and Namjoon would be like them in their next life.

Seokjin carried his jug filled with water back to the cabin, only to be greeted with a pouty mate going down the stairs, just woken up.

“Why did you not wake me? I told you to just relax.” Came Namjoon’s gruff voice that made Seokjin’s heart flip. He swore he falls deeper in love with this man every day, it’s getting ridiculous. 

“I can’t do that alpha.” Seokjin smiled innocently. “I can’t help but feel guilty doing nothing.”
Namjoon took the jug off of Seokjin’s hand and set it on the side table next to the wooden sofa before pulling his mate close by the waist, making Seokjin flush.

“You have nothing to be guilty of.” Namjoon muttered, kissing Seokjin’s plump lips. The omega parted his lips and let his mate explore his mouth. Namjoon pulled away after a while, kissing Seokjin on the forehead before leaning down to kiss the small baby bump his omega has. “You’re so beautiful and perfect.”
Seokjin flushed from his alpha’s words, his heart racing. Namjoon took Seokjin’s hands, drawing it to his lips as he leaned towards the omega until their foreheads touched.

“You’re as beautiful as the flowers that blooms in the spring, as radiant as the sun in the summer, as strong as the last leaf that hung unto it’s tree in autumn and as graceful as the falling snow in during winter. My love, you’re perfect and I’ll love you all over again.” Namjoon softly said, kissing the ring on Seokjin’s right ring finger that gleamed as the sun rays made its ways inside. 

(Like snow piles up, I remember what you gave me
You gave me the courage to live)

Seokjin couldn’t take it anymore. He broke down into tears.

(We met each other beyond all time
So now how do we do? Can we make it work?
This fragile love)

“It’s not fair… How can you do this to me…” The omega cried, smiling as he wiped his tears away. Namjoon just smiled back endearingly and kissed Seokjin’s tears away.

“It’s because I love you.”
“I love you too.”

(The world moves faster than we thought
How we gonna change it?
We don’t know yet but for sure we will)

With that, Seokjin wrapped his arms around his mate and pulled Namjoon for another kiss, the alpha’s hands finding their way to the omega’s cheeks.

“Let’s prepare breakfast together shall we?” Seokjin said, pulling away with a broad smile. Namjoon nodded as he tangled his fingers with his mate’s, the two briefly met gazes before eschewing their eyes to the side shyly then suddenly, the alpha had his hands on Seokjin’s waist.

(Love in our hearts, uh yeah
slowly started to grow)

“Are we going to dance to the kitchen?” Seokjin chuckled as he rested his left hand on his alpha’s shoulder.  “Yes.” Namjoon responded as he slowly swayed Seokjin across the small living room, humming a tune that they both knew so well. Seokjin hummed along as well. The alpha rested his lips on Seokjin’s forehead once again as he swayed the omega slowly.

Suddenly there was a knock on the door.

“It must be Tae!” Seokjin said, breaking their dance as he rushed towards the door, accidentally knocking an hourglass off the shelf as he passed by. The omega didn’t waste time and flung the door open, so excited to meet Taehyung.

(I want to hold you one more time before you disappear
Ah, crystal flies high wherever it goes
Hey, there’s nothing else I want, I just want to feel a little more
Can I touch your heart?
I want to touch it but it keeps slipping through my fingers, someday, someday)

“Hyung.”
“G-gguk…”