-XLI-

(2 months [Day 58] since Namjoon and Seokjin's disappearance)

Soobin was allowed to pass through by the squad of guards guarding the entrance to the dungeon. The dungeon is made out of hard limestone, covered with rocks so that no prisoner can ever get out. The floor is also made out of rocks but underneath is a strong and thick layer of limestone.

Each cell, a guard was stationed outside to avoid anyone getting out, the palace is still after all in maximum security. Soobin made his way through the cold dark hallway, passing by corrupted lords that are demanding to be let out, the alpha wanted nothing more than to laugh at their audacity. The cell holds morre corrupt officials and nobles than theives and murderers. The royal family and the royal army are good at maintaining peace and prosperity by going to the root of the problems and eliminating it quickly.

Soobin went to a cell, peering inside it. A woman is there, wearing a tattered dress and her disgusting greasy brown hair covered the entirety of her face.

"Shin-ae." Soobin spoke out but the woman didn't budge. The alpha turned to the guard guarding her cell.

"The key. Give it to me." Soobin demanded, the guard's face remained stoick as he bowed before handing Soobin the silver key.

Soobin unlock the cell and immediately went inside, the woman back away from him pathetically. The alpha just stared at her, before harshly yanking the woman by the hair. As Soobin suspected, the woman is not Shin-ae, Shin-ae would've attacked him, not back away. The woman almost looks identical to the former Kim Luna, nose and lips wise, however, Soobin knows Shin-ae have piercing, enraged and soulless eyes. The woman's eyes in front of him however, looks soulless, tired of living, and pathetic.

Since every prisoner is always sprayed with moonflower to prevent disturbance, Soobin can't confirm her scent or her sub-gender however the appearance tells him more than enough. The alpha however, find it odd that not once did the woman talked to him or even utter a word.

Soobin squished her cheeks, making tears pool out of her eyes but he ignored it and forcing her to open her mouth wider. As the alpha also suspected, Shin-ae must've cut off her tongue to prevent exposing her true identity.

With the woman here, it meant Shin-ae is probably out and running about.

"Listen, I'll set you free, under one condition." Soobin whispered to the woman letting go of her cheeks and caressed them as more tears pooled out her eyes. "Tell me how long you've been imprisoned here."

The woman raised eight fingers before mouthing 'days' to Soobin who nodded and embraced her, releasing calming pheromones.

"It's alright. You're free now." Soobin said, breaking the embrace as he lead the woman outside.

"Sire what are you doing-"

"Haven't you noticed?! This isn't Lady Shin-ae! How disappointing!! ALERT THE GENERAL AND SEARCH FOR HER. SHE WAS THE ONE WHO ATTEMPTED TO POISON THE QUEEN!"

The guards lose their composure and tried to run to the general but Soobin stopped them with a "HALT!"

"Stay in your positions and guard them." Soobin turned to the guard who was guarding Shin-ae's cell. "Go to the general and report your findings." The guard made a salute and bowed before running off.

Soobin led the woman to the physicians so she could be checked for anymore injuries.

The alpha headed to the main hall, hoping to be able to help search for Shin-ae.

--
(2 months and a day [Day 59] of Seokjin and Namjoon's disappearance)

Soobin sighed. They don't have any leads as to where Shin-ae is but the half of the army are already searching for her.