-VII-

Namjoon at this point was blocking out his mother's scolding and disappointed remarks- enduring the stinging sensation of his skin being hit. In every hit, the spot that made impact instantly turned red as to imply how much force Shin-ae uses in every hit.

"You're such a disgrace! I gave you beautiful bride! If you told me you're in a romantic relationship with the prince, we would've arrange an engagement right away! Why must you wait until your engagement with Taehyung is known to the public then be caught in a scandal with the prince!" Shin-ae yelled, slapping her son once again.

"I'm telling you mother, I'm not in a romantic relationship with the prince-" Namjoon was cut off by a punch to the lips, making it bleed.

"Shut up!" Shin-ae yelled continuing her hard slaps and nagging. At this point, Namjoon blew his top; he can't endure it any longer. The red spots have now turned into bruises and the cut on his lips have already swollen.

"I command you to stop!" Namjoon yelled, using his alpha voice on his mother and releasing enraged pheromones. The omega whimpered and sobbed, falling to her knees but her gaze was deadly. She continued to glare at her son who left the room with a sigh and a slam.

Taehyung was outside the room, face scrunched up into a frown, his delicate lips had a thumb in between them as he chewed unto his nails, and his eyes glassy as he worried for his alpha. Once he saw Namjoon, he removed his thumb from his mouth and ran up to the alpha.

"Alpha, let me tend to you." Taehyung said, immediately releasing calming pheromones while leading Namjoon to the alpha's room.

"That would be great my Luna." Namjoon sighed, kissing Taehyung's cheek as thanks before he took in the pheromones Taehyung is giving off. When they entered his room, a slight musk smell tickled his nose but it soon disappeared. He paid it no mind.

Namjoon sat on his bed as Taehyung quickly rushed to the bathroom to fetch the first aid kit.
Taehyung first cleaned Namjoon's face with a clean wet cloth before dipping cotton balls on a plate of of ointment before lightly dabbing it unto the alpha's wounds. The alpha couldn't help but hiss as the ointment made contact to his exposed wounds, the omega would mumble a small 'sorry' everytime he did so with the alpha assuring him everytime.

"If it's not too much to ask, are you really engaged in a romantic relationship with the prince?" Taehyung asked as he carefully dabbed the ointment soaked cotton balls unto Namjoon's wounds, his lips parted as he looked at the alpha's eyes with genuine curiosity.

"No, not quite. We're just friends." Namjoon said, now fully calmed down. The alpha was slightly worried that the beta would be enraged or even despise him for sharing a quite romantic moment with the omega prince."We just happened to share the same interest."

Taehyung stared deeply into the alpha's eyes, looking for signs of lying. This counts as frantic eye movement or cutting off eye contact. Not that he cared if his alpha are really engaged in a romantic relationship with the omega prince, he's just genuinely curious.

But if anything, all Taehyung say is pure and sincere eyes that slowly closed and got closer. Their lips brushed against each other as the alpha held his head close. They stayed that way for a few seconds until the beta flinched and backed away, making the alpha frown.

"What's the matter?" Namjoon asked, eyebrows scrunched up and lips slightly pouting. He looked more hurt than enraged which made Taehyung feel a little guilty.

Taehyung flushed. "To be frank with you, I'm really not fond of the idea of mating a relative. I really do try so hard to love you but I can't help but think of the idea as repulsive! I don't have a problem with you and I really think you're a great alpha. I would've love you if we weren't relatives and if it weren't for..." Taehyung trailed off, looking down at his shoes. His heart genuinely aches everytime he thinks of Jungkook. Pitiful was he as he loves the lad for eight years and counting yet not once they had a proper interaction or conversation that didn't involved political issues.