-IV-

Seokjin wants to talk. To sit down on a comfortable sofa with red tea prepared in front of him and face to face with the alpha all tied up in front of him.

“Oh is that so? Congratulations on the engagement. I do hope I’ll be invited.” Seokjin smiled, glaring at Taehyung unconsciously as the beta buried his face in Namjoon’s shoulder, looking all adorable.

"Thank you dear prince. I do hope you'll come." Namjoon said as he ruffled Taehyung's hair affectionately which made Seokjin quite jealous- doing all in his power not to release jealous pheromones.

‘He’s so beautiful. I hate it.’ Seokjin thought. “Well, we have other guests to greet. I hope you’ll enjoy the ball-“ Seungjun was interrupted by Seokjin. “Father, may I spend time with the Kims?” Seokjin asked, but by the tone he used, it sounded more of a demand.

“But we have other guests-“ Seungjun tried to reason but the King was cut off again. “May I spend time with the Kims?” Seokjin smiled, looking at his father with a blank stare. “O-of course my beautiful lilly. Come along now Jungkook.” The King said as he walked away.

Jungkook bowed and kissed Lady Kim’s hand then Taehyung’s who flushed before leaving. “Well, I have to settle matters with other nobles. I’m I afraid I have to go my highness.” Lady Kim bowed. “It’s quite alright. I have just wish to talk with Lord Taehyung and Lord Kim.” Seokjin said, to which Lady Kim nodded to before walking away.

“Is something the matter your Highness?” Namjoon asked. “Everything is quite alright. I just need to have a talk with you. Privately if I may add.” Seokjin spat, glaring at Taehyung as he said ‘Privately’.The beta took his arms off Namjoon’s before bowing.

“Please wait a moment your Highness! I can’t possibly leave my Luna alone.” Namjoon said, holding Taehyung's hand, making the beta flush lightly once more.

Seokjin felt his eye twitch, despite not knowing why. “Your Luna, you say?” Seokjin asked. Namjoon visibly gulped.

“I’ll do fine my alpha. After all, I have your scent around me.” Taehyung smiled softly at Namjoon before secretly throwing a taunting gaze at Seokjin who didn’t miss it. ‘How dare he?! That mere beta thinking he’s all that great just because he's so beautiful! You can't take it to your grave!’ Seokjin thought but kept his fake smile strong.

“If you say so my dear.” Namjoon said, kissing Taehyung’s cheek. Taehyung nodded and bowed before walking away.

“Now, Lord Kim. I believe we have something to discuss. If you may, please follow me.”

--

Taehyung sighed as he took a glass of red wine to the balcony connected to the ballroom where the rest of the guests are gathered.

He spun the glass elegantly before looking at the second Prince- Prince Jungkook. To Taehyung he’s the most perfect thing. The prince was surrounded by omegas and female betas, trying to entertain them politely as he could.

Taehyung sighed as he stared into his reflection in the wine- light provided by the lit laterns and the moonlight. His neck now bore a temporary mark by his cousin. He personally think that it’s quite disgusting. Relatives shouldn’t be mates. It’s quite the same as marrying your siblings (which other nobles do).

Taehyung just wishes he could at least be free to choose whom he’ll be mated to. But of course he’s not allowed. He’s made and born to be his cousin’s mate. He has no other purpose in his life other than to sit still and look pretty for his alpha.

Taehyung took a sip and shifts his gaze to where Namjoon and Seokjin is. The Prince has taken hold of his alpha’s hand and dragged him out of the ballroom.

Taehyung clutched unto the wine glass tightly as he grew possessive. Yes, he might found the idea of him and Namjoon as mates disgusting, but the inner him can’t help but feel jealous and threatened of Seokjin. The prince was glaring at him, growling lightly and looked jealous everytime he and his alpha interact. Only a fool cannot decipher these signs- it's clear as day that the prince despise him and wanted Namjoon for himself; Taehyung believed so anyway.

Maybe it’s just an omega thing to be drawn to an alpha of their taste. But Taehyung doesn’t care. He may be a beta but a wolf is a wolf. They’re all possessive of their mates or future mates, whether it may be a forced bond or not.

Taehyung shook his head. Namjoon allowed him to have an affair and be with his love- not knowing that his love is quite impossible to come to be. His alpha surely expects him to feel the same if he was to have an affair of his own.

Taehyung sighed deeply before downing all of the remaining wine. The beta fixed his eyes on Jungkook, unconsciously crying. If only he was an omega, maybe Jungkook could at least find him desirable. If only he was pretty enough. If only he could bear children then perhaps Jungkook would notice him or Namjoon wouldn’t have to look for an omega to give him pups.

The beta broke down and just leaned unto the edge to balcony, letting his tears fall. ‘I tried so hard! I’m supposed to be perfect! I’m almost perfect! If only it weren’t for this stupid sub-gender! If only I was born an omega! Maybe someone will and can love me.’ Taehyung cried.

He took out a vial from his pocket, made out of glass and had golden borders. It was his mother’s last gift before she passed away. He really doesn’t know what the liquid is but his mother told her to drink it once a month without fail or his old illness when he was a pup could return. Oddly enough, refill for the liquid would be delivered to the manor and Taehyung would transfer the liquid from the bottle it was contained in before to the vial his mother left him with.

“If stopping to drink this liquid would bring me death, then I shall. I’ll simply have to wait when the angel of darkness would come to succumb me and bring me to the underworld.” Taehyung said. “My promised alpha has not found me desirable and my first ever and last true love isn’t aware of my existence. I have lost my purpose. My existence is simply an obstacle to the growing and possible relationship my alpha has with the prince.” And with that, the beta poured the rest of the liquid off the balcony, along with his tears.

Luckily for him, no one came to the balcony; everyone else was busy chatting and dancing under the huge chandeliers of the ballroom. It would be the talk of the kingdom if a Kim is found bawling his eyes out in the ball- all alone. He would be at fault for damaging the Kims’ name and making their family the laughing stock of all. Surely Namjoon wouldn’t even defend him if Lady Kim beat him to a pulp.

Suddenly, Taehyung saw movement in the garden below him. He looked closely and saw Namjoon with the prince, hands still in tact. The two sat on a bench, closely if Taehyung may add. Taehyung growled and clutched on the railing ever so tightly, his hands started to hurt.

“If my life would end so soon, I wouldn’t go down without a fight. If I can’t have my happiness, I can’t let that dammed omega prince have his.”