-III-

A hard slap landed on Namjoon's cheek. Shin-ae continued to slap Namjoon until his cheeks were blazing red.

Taehyung gasped and were in tears as he saw his cousin being beaten for serving the poor. How can one be so cruel and evil like she?! Taehyung's even more sickened at the thought of his alpha being beaten like this for the past years for helping.

"My Luna, please stop it!" Taehyung cried out, making Shin-ae stop and raise an eyebrow at him. "Alpha was with the second prince!"

"Oh? Is that so?" Shin-ae asked, walking towards Taehyung who stood firmly, looking at her in the eye with knuckles clenched. "You're letting your future mate smell of another omega?! How disgusting and pitiful can you get?!" Shin-ae spat.

Taehyung looked away in spite. Sure he doesn't really love his cousin and honestly thinks that the idea of mating a relative is disgusting- but Namjoon is already his promised mate. He can't help to feel a little jealous when the omega prince was sitting so close to his alpha. And the worst part is- since he’s a mere beta, he can’t scent Namjoon.

Shin-ae raised her hand to slap Taehyung but Namjoon was quick to hold her mother's wrist. Shin-ae flicked Namjoon's hand off.

"How longer will you keep being a disgrace to the family, Namjoon?" Shin-ae spat once more before walking off.

Namjoon gritted his teeth, glaring daggers at the back of his mother's head. The alpha turned to the beta and placed his hand on the latter's cheek- to which the beta leaned in to.

"Are you alright?" Namjoon asked.

"I should be the one asking that to you. Now come. Let's clean those wounds shall we?" Taehyung suggested, taking the alpha's hand from his cheek and clung unto the latter's arm, frowning when he picked up a scent of an omega, to which the beta assumed would be the prince.

"I'm fine." Namjoon assured, walking after Taehyung who started to head over to the guest bedroom where the latter currently resides.

"No you’re not. Now please, sit on the bed and patiently wait while I fetch a basin and some cloth." Taehyung insisted, doing what he said.

Namjoon had a soft smile on his face as he watched the latter move around the room with determination. Taehyung placed a basin full of cold water on the nightstand and used a handkerchief to soak up the cold liquid. The beta then squeezed out excess water and dab the damp cloth on Namjoon's bruised cheek.

"There you go, all done alpha-err Namjoon." Taehyung flushed, putting the basin and cloth away.

"Are you that keen on calling me alpha?" Namjoon asked.

"I was born to be your bride, no matter what my sub-gender will be." Taehyung started, pursing his lips before continuing. "I'm trained to act like a perfect omega and how to maintain my beauty like an omega. I was corrected everytime I spout your name, always told to refer to you as alpha. Forgive me if I'm not your liking but please, accept me or my existence will be meaningless."

Namjoon sat there, mouth agape in shock as he stared at Taehyung who was holding back tears.

"You're born to do wonders and to help those in need Tae. Don't say that about yourself! You’re important to this world- important to me! You’re not useless!" Namjoon scolded, wiping Taehyung's tears.

"If so, please scent me."

Namjoon flushed.

"What?!"

"You don't have to kiss me or anything! But please cover me with your scent." Taehyung pleaded.

"Wha-why?! Don't you have someone you love that you wished to be with?"

"Like I said before, they don't know of my existence. It's meaningless to continue hoping for something to happen between us when we haven't even met personally. I just heard great stories about him and seen paintings of him. I fell in love with his personality and works in helping the poor. I also have to admit, he's quite a looker." Taehyung blushed. "Oh I'm sorry! I must be blabbing-"

"No, you're not. Please continue." Namjoon smiled.

"Oh I must not!" Taehyung flushed.

"Do tell. If you would, I might consider scenting you."

"Alright then." Taehyung smiled shyly before sitting closer to Namjoon. "I can't help but fall even though the persona he's putting on the public might be fake. All the things he have done is too much work and too good to be feigned."

"Who is he exactly?"

"I'm afraid I can't tell."

"Hmm. I'm guessing he's a noble or even a royal."

"Yes, he is. And I'm just a mere useless beta who can't even produce pups. Who would desire me? That's why I ask of you to scent me. Even if you do not love me, I'll learn to love you so I can get rid of this childish feelings." Taehyung sobbed, clinging unto Namjoon who looked at him with a pitiful expression.

"Only a fool would not desire you- therefore I'm a fool. But if it helps to ease your pain, I'll scent you." Namjoon sighed.

Taehyung didn't say anything and just held unto Namjoon tight. The alpha got his fangs out and softly bit unto Taehyung's sweat glands. The beta tried not to cry at the pain so he just kept his mouth shut while clinging tighter.

Finally, Namjoon removed his teeth and licked the temporary mark.

"It should last for about 4 days at most. " Namjoon said, caressing the beta's hair.

"Thank you, alpha."

"Anything for you, my luna."

--
To say Seokjin was pissed would be an understatement. He doesn't know exactly why, but he blamed it on the fact that the omega within him liked someone's scent a little too much and isn't happy of the fact that someone else- (a beta at that) is wearing that scent.

The ball had just begun and nobles began to flood in. The Kims' being the noble household closest to the palace, were there earlier than most.

The royal family of course came to greet the Kims and when Seokjin smelled Taehyung strongly of Namjoon's scent, he can't help but growl slightly. Not only that, Taehyung's arms were once again wrapped around Namjoon's arm.

Seokjin unconsciously glared at Taehyung. He felt really threatened by the latter's beauty and the fact that he's very close to the most sensible and decent alpha Jin has ever met. Besides, Taehyung's a beta! Seokjin found it quite unfair.

"I heard that you'll be the head of the household soon, Namjoon." Seungjun started.

Seokjin wasn't really paying attention to the conversation and was just feigning a smile the whole time and nodding. The omega prince was however, paying attention to Taehyung who had his eyes set on Jungkook who was looking everywhere. Seokjin could see the longing and grieving look from Taehyung though no one else seems to notice this.

"Congratulations on the engagement!" Seungjun said, snapping Seokjin out of his thoughts.

"Who's getting married?" Seokjin asked, earning a hit on his back from Jungkook and a warning gaze from his father.

"It would be my son, Namjoon and my brother's son, Taehyung. Your royal highness." Shin-ae said, bowing slightly.

Seokjin and Namjoon met eyes. Disbelief on the one and regret in the other.