-XXVIII-

(Night 6 of Namjoon and Seokjin's disappearance)

The village is more lively and populated than what Namjoon and Seokjin expected. They arrived at dusk and it's starting to get dark. They needed to stay somewhere for the night and look for houses in the morning.

They went from one inn to another but surprisingly, they're all full and don't have any available rooms.

"Looks like we have to camp for the night." Namjoon sighed as he drove the wagon near the forest where a small stream runs so they can fetch some water.

Seokjin wasn't fazed. He loves sleeping under the stars. However, that wasn't Namjoon's concern. Since they're near a village, someone could rob them while they're sleeping, so the alpha would stay up late to guard them.

"How about I'll guard-" Seokjin suggested, only to be cut off by Namjoon.

"No, no can do."

"But Joonie, you've been driving all day! I can handle any robber or bandit!"

"No, Jinnie hyung. You're taking care of Yoongi the whole ride and I'm just sitting in the front while you feed and entertain him. Just rest up since you'll be taking care of Yoongi tomorrow again. I wouldn't be driving tomorrow." Namjoon sighed, slowly getting fed up with the conversation. He's exhausted, but he's still an alpha. He wants to prove his worth and show Seokjin he's strong enough to protect them all. He knows Seokjin is quite strong for an omega but the point still stands; he's an omega and a reckless fighter. He's not belittling Seokjin just because he's an omega, his father just taught him that omegas shall be treated delicately and that alphas must treasure them. And that's what Namjoon is exactly doing. He doesn't want his omega to do the hard work.

"But alpha, you need to rest I can do fine-" Seokjin smiled reassuringly only to be shocked.

"I SAID I'LL GUARD US. JUST REST UP AND FOLLOW ORDERS FOR ONCE OMEGA!" Namjoon exclaimed, letting out all the pent up stress, the turmoil within him, unconsciously hurting his omega.

Seokjin looked at Namjoon in disbelief before letting out a wave of depressed pheromones then crying.

"I'm sorry for being useless and not following your orders alpha. If you'll excuse me." Seokjin said curtly before bowing and going inside the wagon where Yoongi immediately embrace him as a small sign of reassurance.

"Thank you my little lord." Seokjin smiled sadly as he kissed Yoongi on the forehead.

Namjoon realized his actions. He's mad at himself for taking his anger all out on his omega. He thought he's doing right and treating his omega like a treasure then he let his emotions get the best of him instead of assuring his omega that he'll do fine.

The alpha wanted to go to Seokjin and apologize but he knows the omega needs time for himself to calm down. If Namjoon would've immediately apologize, the omega would probably just push him away and that wouldn't do them good.

Namjoon groaned as he scratch his head in frustration before punching a tree bark until his hands bleed.

"At awe you doin?" A voice asked. The alpha turned around and saw a small boy, which Namjoon estimated to be about three years to four years of age.

"Ah nothing. I'm just mad at myself. What are you doing out here little one? And not to mention at this time?" Namjoon asked, picking the boy up. On closer inspection, the boy is full of bruises, cuts and mud.

"My dad go hunting! I lost!" The boy suddenly cried, alerting Seokjin who came out the wagon with Yoongi who just looked pissed at the noise.

"What's with the commotion-" Seokjin cut himself off when he saw the toddler in Namjoon's arms. "Who's that alpha? And why is he with you?" The omega asked, not meeting his eyes. Suddenly being called alpha doesn't seem right to Namjoon anymore.