-XXVII-

(Day 7 of Namjoon and Seokjin's disappearance)

"There it is, the Troúbleú village." Namjoon said pointing at the village down the mountain. They parked under the shade of a huge oak tree on a cliff overlooking the small village for breakfast. The sun is almost in the middle of the sky.

"It seems peaceful doesn't it?" Seokjin said, walking to the alpha while carrying Yoongi who was feeding on him. "The forest on the other side seems vast."

"It is. It's connected to the Jeon's territory. If you can manage to go through the forest, you would be in the Jeon's but if you are caught by guards, you would be labeled as a fugitive." Namjoon exclaimed as he tried to hold the omega by the waist but Yoongi saw him and kicked his arm away.

"Ow! He's my omega you know!" Namjoon glared as he taunted the baby. Yoongi just glared back at him and continued to suck on Seokjin who just giggled.

"My lord is very brave! He protects me from big mean alphas!" Seokjin cooed at Yoongi who stopped sucking and gave the omega a gummy smile. Seokjin quickly fixed his dress then embraced the baby. "My little lord is so brave and strong!"

Yoongi giggled and embraced Seokjin possessively as he gave Namjoon a smug look.

"Hey! Don't make my brother hate me more than he already does!" Namjoon groaned while Seokjin just laughed at him.

"My little lord doesn't really hate his brother right? He loves his Joonie with all his might right?" Seokjin cooed as he made Yoongi face Namjoon. The baby stared at the alpha blankly before making a gummy smile. However, as soon as it appeared, it already disappeared and Yoongi was back to his blank stare.

"Oh my gods this is just too funny." Seokjin laughed which Yoongi followed.

"You two really love hating on me." Namjoon rolled his eyes before wrapping his arms around the two and showering their faces with kisses. Yoongi miraculously laughed while Seokjin stared at them with adoration. Namjoon blew raspberries on Yoongi's cheeks, making the baby frown and try to push him away, only to laugh again when the alpha makes the sounds.

"Okay, enough! Let's have lunch after I put the little lord to sleep." Seokjin smiled as he went to the carriage, rocking the baby in his arms while singing a lullaby.

While he rocked Yoongi, he began to think deeply.

It's quite selfish of him to leave his duties and made everyone that cared for him believe he's deceased. He had no reason to run. Yes, he's being pressured to marry but he knows his father wouldn't really force him if he doesn't want to.

His father is a good man that lost his mate in the previous war. Since his father loved his mate genuinely, Seokjin who looked a lot like the late queen, spoiled him rotten and listened to his demands.

After the court pressured the king to marry again and have an alpha heir, he married a noble and had Jungkook. However, the king doesn't love the new queen while the queen does. Jungkook's mother made sure to take good care of Jungkook and love him with all her might.

However, the queen became sick with grief at the thought of their father not returning her feelings. She died in her deathbed while little Jungkook was only two. Seokjin had nothing against Jungkook's mother and even loved her since she's very kind and was the one who thought Seokjin to be generous to the people and have different personas for the public and for private.

At the thought of his family, Seokjin couldn't help but grow sad. It's his decision to run away when there's no reason to. He just acted on emotions and let it get the best of him. Now his father is sick with grief and he can't even return to help the fallen former king. While his father and Jungkook mourns for him, he's here, enjoying his freedom with the alpha he loves and with Yoongi whom he loves as a real son.

Seokjin is having mixed feelings about the situation. In less than a day, they were about to settle in a village he would settle for the rest of his mortal life.

He loves the feeling of hardship for once. He loves that he's the one in control on what he does. He loves that he's free to love Namjoon and doesn't have that dammed beta Taehyung around to occupy his alpha's thoughts. He loves that he gets to experience being a mother and taking care of a baby through Yoongi. He loves the feeling of sleeping under the stars in his alpha's arms. He loves the smell of the dirt road and nature as they travel. He loves seeing the view of the fields and forest everyday and not the barren walls of the castle. He loves the feeling of selling to nobles when he used to be the one buying.

However,

He misses his father and Jungkook. He misses Soobin. He missed the cooks in the kitchen who helped him in making food for the people. He missed the kind guards who protected him and helped him deliver the goods to the people. He missed the servants who admired him as he walked. He missed being the centre of attention. He missed the shouts of cheers and applauds as he walked through the town.

Now he can't go back to that life.

Now he can't return to his father's arms.

Now he can't return to Jungkook's side.

Now he can't be admired or praised.

He doesn't know how to feel. There's almost as equal pros to the cons. He wanted to regret this but at the same time he doesn't want to. Not if he gets to see Namjoon everyday and take care of Yoongi.

"Omega? What's wrong? Why are you releasing sad pheromones and crying?!" Namjoon exclaimed as he quickly took Yoongi away from the omega and placed his brother in the crib- too tired to whine and just slept.

Namjoon quickly cupped Seokjin's face and wiped the omega's tears with his thumb before kissing Seokjin on the eyes and forehead.

"Hey love, what's wrong? You can tell me." Namjoon asked, releasing assuring pheromones as he meet his omega in the eyes. Seokjin just cried more and embraced the alpha. Namjoon was a bit taken aback but embraced back and rubbed soothing circles on his omega's back to try and calm down Seokjin.

"Shhhh. Calm down and tell me what's wrong alright?" Namjoon softly said as he kissed the omega's hair.

"Joonie I miss appa! I miss Kookie! I miss Soobin! And I miss the people who adore me." Seokjin cried. "However, no matter how much I want to regret absconding, I can't since I get to have you and Yoongi! I don't know what to feel alpha!"

Namjoon sighed. He had a reason to abscond. Shin-ae is being abusive and he needs to save Yoongi from being abused as well. He also need to disappear so that his and Taehyung's marriage would be cancelled, allowing the beta to have a chance with Jungkook.

"What do you want to do then? Are you going to go back?" Namjoon asked bitterly. He doesn't know what to do in this situation. He just can't tell Seokjin that he was the one who suggested absconding and now is not the time to blame his omega. Besides, because of this trip, he got to use his skills that he wasn't given the chance to use as a lord.

"No! I want to stay with you and Yoongi! However, I just can't help but think that what we did is wrong." Seokjin sobbed.

"What we did is indeed bad and selfish of us. However, we cannot turn back time and change the past my love. All we can do is keep moving forward and find ourselves in the journey alright? With each other, our worries should subside and we should be able to handle any problems. I know you miss your family but now, we're family. Alright?" Namjoon smiled warmly as he kissed the omega who kissed back.

"Alright alpha."