-XXXIX-

(2 months [Day 58] since Namjoon and Seokjin's disappearance)

Taehyung have calmed down and requested to be allowed to stay, which Namjoon and Seokjin agreed to.

"You need to take a bath first. No offence but you look like you need one. I'm also particularly not a fan of exposing the pups to dirt and germs. Can't risk them getting sick." Namjoon offered.

Taehyung nodded and accepted the offer of a bath. Now, Taehyung is no snob but he certainly wasn't expecting to bathe in a stream. How Namjoon and Seokjin quickly adjusted to this new method of bathing is beyond his knowledge.

The omega undressed himself, immediately shivering from the autumn wind. He first lightly dipped his foot in the water and he felt his skin freeze. Taehyung took a deep breath before completely submerging his body in the freezing water. How did Namjoon and Seokjin even managed to bathe in this kind of temperature?! More or less the pups?!

Suddenly, Namjoon, who's half naked, lower part of the body only covered with a towel, came with a fully naked Hoseok that's covered in mud, clinging on his arms.

"Hope you don't mind. I wouldn't look at you I promise. However, this little monkey here needs a bath and so do I." Namjoon chuckled nervously, only looking at Hoseok, not sparing Taehyung a glance at all.

"It's fine." Taehyung assured, though he couldn't help but stare at Namjoon's well toned body. The alpha's muscles are huge, the omega has to give him that as his mind floated around to thoughts a married omega should not be thinking.

"I'm here to make sure eyes wouldn't wonder." Seokjin said through gritted teeth, suddenly appearing out of nowhere as he glared at Taehyung who immediately eschewed his eyes to the forest view.

Seokjin had Yoongi in his arms, feeding on him. The omega lifted the hem of dress a bit before sitting on the rocks by the stream where Namjoon and Hoseok are bathing, dipping his feet into the river. Seokjin has to bathe Yoongi soon too.

Suddenly, something pulled Seokjin's legs, making the omega yelp, surprising Yoongi who immediately bit into the omega's nipple.

"Ouch! Joonie!" Seokjin hissed, glaring at the alpha who was laughing with a giggling Hoseok. "I swear, I wouldn't hesitate to kick you in the face." The omega threatened as he gently removed Yoongi away from his breast to massage his nipple that stung in pain.

"Sorry!" Namjoon laughed before continuing to bathe Hoseok.

Taehyung could only look at them longingly before eschewing his eyes to his tummy that's now flat. If the attempted assassination didn't happen, would he and Jungkook be doing the same things Namjoon and Seokjin are doing? Taking care of their pups, bathing together, enjoying life as a family?

Then Taehyung had an epiphany, as to why Seokjin and Namjoon rather choose the life of hardship as commoners. It might be hard being commoners but looking at how happy the two are with Hoseok and Yoongi, the hardship is rewarded. Namjoon and Seokjin doesn't have jobs that require them to leave home everyday, thus allowing them to spend more time with the pups.

Taehyung and Jungkook are royalty. They would have businesses that would consume their time daily. They would barely afford giving their pups time. Seokjin and Namjoon who are domestic dreamers, preferred hardship in exchange for freedom and time. The two don't prioritize power nor wealth as they have experienced what it's like to have great power and wealth firsthand, crumbling under the stress and pressure. With great power comes great responsibility and despite being founders of charity, they're selfish for liberating.

Taehyung can't blame them. The pureblooded omega looked at the sky, resting his head against a rock and slowly closed hie eyes as he took in the beauty of nature. Despite the freezing water, he found it very enjoyable as he enhanced his senses. He first focused on the feeling of water all around his body and how it felt on his skin. He then focused on hearing, listening to the flow of water, Namjoon, Yoongi, and Hoseok's laughter that seemed so distant and muffled. Then Taehyung opened his eyes, taking in every detail of the clear stream water and the plants of the forest.