End's Curse - Part 3 [AU]

After X left, Impulse decided it would be best to try to learn how to use these wings since he wouldn't be able to use an elytra. Impulse though for a while on who might be the best hermit to call for this when he remembered that Grian also had wings. He grabbed out his communicator and typed in

<ImpulseSV> Hey Grian, are you free right now? I need some help with a little thing.

<Grian> Yeah I am. Where are you?

<ImpulseSV> At my base.

<Grian> Be right there.

Impulse put the communicator away and finished organizing some things. 

Once Grian got to Impulse's base his reaction was similar to X's except a bit more confused. There was a tiny bit of joy still, maybe it's because this would make Grian not the only hermit with wings. 

"Do you mind explaining why you needed me?", Grian said.

"Well, I need some help with flying. Wings are nothing like elytra.", Impulse responded.

"That makes sense. If that's what you need help with then first we need to go outside.", Grian said looking back at the way he came in.

The two then went to find a nice open area where Impulse would be less likely to crash into things. They found a plain with only a few trees in it and thought it was good enough. 

"So first things first, getting off the ground.", Grian said.

"This part is pretty simple, just jump and flap your wings. Then you have to continue to stay up, which is a bit harder.", Grian said demonstrating it.

Impulse then tried to do it several times but at some point he was able to stay mid-air.  Grian then helped out with actually moving and controlling where you are going. After about and hour or two Impulse was actually able to use these new wings properly. 

"Thanks for the help, I don't think I would've be able to use these things without it.", Impulse said.

"No problem! I have to go now, see ya!", Grian replied flying off.

Impulse then remembered that he had to restock his shops today so went off to do that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*WHEZZE*!!!! This took so much longer than it should have since I was have a conversation on the Hermittpad discord simultaneously while writing this. Be glad it's published.

                                                             ~Chocolate Unicorn :3