Hermitmon - Part 3 [AU]

After a bit more running through Route 2 you finally make it to Seabound Town. The first thing you notice is the spectacular view of the mountains and sea. Most tourists consider this the prettiest town in the entire region. You walk around a bit and find the Pokémon Center and go in to heal up. Inside you see a sign that's talking about a boat ride that happens daily. You don't have any plans for tomorrow so it's a good way to relax for a little. The only downside is that Oliver gets seasick easily so he won't be able to come with you. 

After the nurse brings back your Pokémon, you head over to the hotel since it's getting late and meet up with Oliver there to get something to eat. You two go over to the hotel's dinning area and the different options to eat are ramen noodles, a sandwich, or some chicken nuggets. You go end up choosing <Insert Food You Want Here>. Oliver gets some noodles and you two chat for a bit.

"I'm planning on going on a boat ride tomorrow, do you have any plans? Other than heading to the gym of course.", you say to him.

"Nothing really. But I did hear that a scavenger hunt kind of thing will happen, maybe I'll take part of that before I head to the gym.", Oliver tells you. 

"That sounds fun! You should definitely do that.", You reply.

'Maybe I will.", Oliver says with a smile.

Once you are finished eating you two head up to the hotel room you guys will be staying in and get to bed. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day you wake up and Oliver has already left. You head over to the dinner area to grab some quick breakfast and head to the docks to wait for the boat ride. Luckily you don't need a ticket or anything like that to go on the boat ride. The boat arrives at the dock and a few people get on. Before you get on you find a fishing rod with a note that says that anyone who finds it, is allowed to keep it.

After about a minute or two the boat starts to move. You go to the front deck and look out to the ocean. Someone else comes from behind you and says, "The view is amazing, isn't it."

"Yeah it is.", you reply to them. 

You look behind you to see a man with green eyes and a cowboy hat. He also has a Cagonlie with him that's looking at you with its cute little face. 

"My name is Shawn, nice to meet you!", He says with a smile. 

"My name is <Insert Your Name Here>.",  you tell him.

"You're Stella's kid right?", Shawn asks you.

"You know my mom?", you say looking at him curiously. 

"Yeah, I've know her for a long time. If I'm correct you have a friend called Oliver. Where is he?", Shawn says.

"He gets seasick so he's not here.", you tell him.

"That's a shame, I wanted to meet him before you two head on over to my gym.", Shawn replies.

"You're the gym leader?!", you say in shock.

"Yeah, and this right here is my partner Jellie. She's a real sweetheart.", Shawn says looking at his Cagonlie.

You lean down petting Jellie and then you go back to enjoying the view. Shawn gives a quick wave as a goodbye and you wave back. The rest of the boat trip was filled with wild water-type Pokémon and you are able to snag a few photos to show Oliver. 

After you reach land again you decided to go find Oliver to show him the photos and then head to the gym. You find him near a Poké-Mart and tell him about what happened on the boat. You then show him the photos of the Pokémon and you both agree to head to the gym. Oliver lets you go first but first you two have a Pokémon battle. 

Oliver's team now consists of the Stater weak to yours, a Lillipup, and a Flechtling. Even with a team like that you still win with the team you have formed. You then head into the Gym and battle through the Trainers. Along the way your Starter evolves. 

If you chose Hochet, you now have a Tealir, The Tea Pokémon. This Pokémon is not afraid to share some of it's tea with other Pokémon if they are wounded, since it has healing properties.

If you chose Rammass, you now have a Goaflo, The Mountain Goat Pokémon. This Pokémon has very sturdy legs that allow it to climb up walls on some occasions. 

If you chose Beafals, you now have a Grizver, The Grizzly Bear Pokémon. In it's previous form it was very shy but now it has gained more confidence and will more willingly use it's power. 

You finally get to Shawn who gives you a warm smile before the battle starts.

"I've been wait for you to arrive. Let's get this started.", Shawn tells you.

His team has a Diglett, a Sandshrew, and of course his Cagonlie Jellie. You are able to defeat Shawn and obtain the Tera badge! 

"You have plenty potential, just like your father Issac. Maybe one day you'll be an Elite Four Member just like him!(This may be and AU but Streskal is forever)", Shawn tells you while he hands you the badges. You come out and Oliver is waiting for you. Seeing how you look happy Oliver assumes you got the badges and gives you a high-five before heading in himself. You walk over to the Pokémon Center staring at the badge knowing that this one is the first of eight your gonna earn.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Part Three down and first gym conquered! A lot more is to come since your journey has just begun...

                                                                                       ~Chocolate Unicorn :3