Monster Magic - Part 1 [AU]

YET ANOTHER AU BUT THIS IDEA IS LIT! Name is still a work in progress though. I don't know how to explain this but I have enough details figured out to make a part one.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was Halloween night and four friends gathered together to play some fun games for the night. They were near the edge of a forest close to town. But this wasn't just any forest, it was said to be filled with monsters!

"It's your turn Mumbo!", a boy with sandy colored hair said.

"I guess I'll go next. Zedaph, truth or dare?", Mumbo said looking in the direction of the other blonde of the group. 

"Truth!", Zedaph replied.

"Well this is sorta going off last time we played. What were the names of those two friends you said disappeared?", Mumbo asked.

Zed's face right then went from the usual smile to something with a more shocked or sad look. Mumbo looked like he had regretted asking that question.

"Well, if you really want to know I guess I can tell you.", Zed said in a low tone.

"I can always do another question if you want. I didn't mean to make you feel sad.", the black-haired brit replied.

"No it's fine, it just brings up some memories. That's all.", Zed said with a small smile.

"Y-you really don't have too if you don't want too.", Mumbo told him.

"I may as well. Their names were Impulse and Tango if that's what you were wondering.", Zedaph said. 

Everyone just stay silent for a while until a guy with a black jacket with a blue trim said, "It's Zedaph's turn now, right?"

"Oh yeah. Xb, Truth or Dare?", Zedaph said looking at the guy. 

"Uhhh, no dares have been done yet so I'll do that.", Xb replied.

"I dare you to find any sheet you can find and pretend to be a ghost with it!", Zed said with a smile returned to his face. 

After that Xb got up and went over to his house which was the closest and when he came back he a bright pink sheet over his head with holes cut out for the eyes. Everyone just started laughing their heads off as Xb continued to be a pink ghost. 

"Isn't that your sister's sheet?", the boy with sandy hair said still laughing. 

"Yeah, it was the first I could find.", Xb replied. 

"Well that just makes this even funnier.", the boy replied.

"I have to agree with Grian on this one. It just makes this even better!", Zedaph said. 

After that a weird noise came from the forest, drawing the group's attention to it.

"W-w-what was that?!", Zedaph said grabbing onto the closest person, which happened to be Mumbo.

"I don't know but can you get off me?", Mumbo said looking at Zed.

"Sorry about that, I'm just kind of used to doing that...", Zed said taking his grip off Mumbo.

"Why not we go check it out?", Grian suggested.

"ARE YOU CRAZY?! There could be monsters in there!", Xb said.

"You really believe in those myths? The worst we could encounter is an angry bear or a wolf pack. Monsters aren't real.", Grian said with confidence. 

"But then what made Zed's friends disappear?", Xb said trying to have a counter argument.

"Bears or wolves. They could've just had a bad run in. If you're that scared then we better get supplies.", Grian said walking towards town.

"Supplies sounds good. Then we'll be ready for monsters OR wild animals.", Mumbo said. 

The group then went off to their own houses to get stuff for their journey into the forest. 

Grian got stuff that would help them against things like wolves, and even if there were monsters they would still probably have wild animal encounters. Mumbo went off and got stuff to make sure they would stay alive, food, equipment, walkie-talkies, etc. Zedaph grabbed a journal and a backpack filled with assorted items. Xb went and got things to help with the mythic monsters that lived in the forest. 

They then meet up at the same spot they were playing games at to go in. 

"Lets go.", Grian said heading in.

The others followed behind as they went into the forest. Little did they know that they wouldn't be prepared for what's next...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A Halloween AU that I actually know where I want to go with this from the get-go. I'm going to enjoy where this will go. Happy Halloween ;)

                                                                              ~Chocolate Unicorn :3