Monster Magic - Part 3 [AU]

As the group continued to go through the forest looking for Scar's friend. It was getting really dark and Zed and Grian were getting really tired. Scar on the other hand seemed wide awake. 

"Can we rest for the night? I'm getting tired.", Grian said.

"It's not safe but as long as some people stay up I guess it's safe.", Scar replied.

"Is it because of those vex things?", Xb asked.

"Yeah.", Scar said.

"Look! A house!", Mumbo said looking in the direction of a small hut with a farm.

"Wait! It could be dangerous.", Scar told them. 

They looked around the house for anything suspicious but a girl with a pink cardigan came out with a boy who seemed to have one of his eyes replaced with something. They were chatting about something when the girl noticed Grian who was hiding in a bush.

"You can come out now. Your red sweater isn't the best for hiding in bushes love.", the girl said with a smile.

Grian came out of hiding with Mumbo who was with him. 

"What were you two doing hiding?", the boy said.

"We're looking for someone.", Zedaph said popping out of his hiding spot.

"Zed why the heck did you go out of your spot?", Xb asked.

"They know we're here so what's the problem?", Zedaph replied.

"A lot of problems!", Scar told him also coming out, seeing how everyone had at this point.

The boy just let out a laugh while the girl just looked at him.

"Sorry for him being rude. We just didn't know that there would be so many people here today. I'm Stressmonster by the way!", the girl said to them.

"I'm Iskall.", the boy said after he stopped laughing.

They introduced themselves and Stress led them into her house. Iskall then asked the group, "Zedaph mentioned you were looking for someone, who is it?"

"Scar's friend. He hasn't told us their name yet.", Grian replied.

"Well, it's going to be hard finding anyone in this without my help. I know this forest like the back of my hand. I just don't go out of this area often because of him.", Stress said.

"Who's 'him'?", Mumbo asked.

"He thinks he rules the forest and is mostly a pain. But he really gets on my nerves when it comes to what he does with outsiders.", Stress replied.

"I'm lucky to have found Stress when I wandered into this place. But someone I care for may have not been as lucky...", Iskall said.

"Well, I'm going to sleep now. See you guys in the morning.", Grian said getting in a sleeping bag.

Zedaph did the same since it was pretty late. It didn't take much time for Mumbo to go and do that either. Everyone else either stayed up or eventually went to sleep when it was approximately 1 am. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning the group got up and started rolling back up the sleeping bags to get moving again when Stress and Iskall came in.

"We're coming with you.", Stress said.

"Why exactly?", Scar asked.

"Well, you need someone who can navigate this place. Stress is the perfect person for the job.", Iskall replied.

"It would be useful.", Xb said.

"It's settled then! Stress and Iskall are coming with us!", Grian said. 

Most of the group agreed but Scar was still going to be cautious. Iskall then went to get his and Stress's bags. Stress then got out some food which she had made for everyone to eat before they would head off. The group with two more people added continued their journey in search of one thing but will end up finding another. Will they survive what is yet to come?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

More Monster Magic served up! Iskall and Stress have now joined the group. Predictions? Feel free to write them here! Until next time Adventurers!

                                                                                    ~Chocolate Unicorn :3