Chapter 119

We've been out of school for winter break for a few days now, and it's Christmas Eve at last. James and Sirius are both fixing their hair in my mirror while I gather the things I plan on taking to the Burrow.

"My lips are chapped." Sirius complains, inspecting his puckered up lips in the mirror. "Snogging really takes it out of them, eh mate?"

"Oh poor you, your lips are chapped." James rolls his eyes. "Well mine are luscious and lonely so shut up." He messes up his hair one more time before turning to me, "What's all that?"

I meet his hazel eyes. "I got Arthur Weasley a polaroid camera because we had a talk about it last time I saw him. He just got so excited about it, I couldn't resist. And then I got these poinsettias for Molly. That's what good house guests do, isn't it? I dunno, but yeah. And last, I got these holiday chocolate boxes for Charlie and Bill, and a teddy for Percy."

He gapes, "Brilliant. Now Sirius and I look like complete gits for only bringing ourselves."

"Your presence is enough, JJ. But if you really want to, I'll let you give Molly the flowers."

"Really?" His spirit visibly raises as he looks down at the bouquet of red flowers. "They're very Christmas-y, I like them a lot."

"I know!" I grin, also admiring the flowers. "Very festive indeed. Want me to bring some to yours when I go over tomorrow?"

He nods his head happily.

"Uh, love?" Sirius says. James and I turn to him with matching frowns. He holds up my bottle of Bubbles with a smirk, "Baby, you're such a child. Why do you have this?"

"Baby," James mocks.

"Shut up, James, I'm baby." I punch his arm and turn back to Sirius. "I like blowing bubbles, alright? You got a problem with that?" I say defensively, getting up in Sirius' face...or chest, given my height.

He chuckles down at me and kisses my nose. "No, love, no problem."

"Whipped," James mutters under his breath. "It's stupid, Keeks. No one but you finds blowing bubbles entertaining. Hell, you once spent a whole afternoon playing with a string, so really that tells us everything we need to know."

"Piss off, James! Your face is stupid, and I'm still bringing them." I narrow my eyes at him and pocket the miniature bottle of Bubbles.

Seeing as Sirius has yet to take his Apparition test, we have my house-elf, Buddy, zap us to the Burrow.

Standing on the front porch of the Weasley home, I stare down at Percy's soft brown teddy bear. "I really love this stuffy. Do I really have to give it to Percy? I mean, would he even care? The chunk was born just a few months ago..."

James chuckles, "I love it when you call little kids chunks. It's funny to me."

"I think you should give it to him." Sirius tells me.

"Fine." I grumble. "I'll give this to stupid baby Pedro – but I'm not gonna be happy about it."

"That's the spirit!" James grins and knocks on the door.

The door swings open to reveal the familiar jolly-looking redheaded woman with the warm smile, Molly. "Chiara! So good to see you again, dear!" I am happily surprised when she brings me in for a bone-crushing hug.