chapter 109

At breakfast, I sit around with the boys eating in a comfortable silence. That is, until Sirius' constantly-running string of thoughts and big mouth interrupts it. "When we get married I should just take your last name." He says bluntly, popping a strawberry into his mouth.

I choke on a bit of toast and my eyes fly open wider. "When?"

"Yes, when. You don't really think I'd ever let you go, do you? I will make you my wife someday, love. That's a promise." My heart does somersaults at those words while James pretends to vomit into his napkin.

"Sirius Holland..." I pretend to think about it for a bit until I pull a face of distaste. "Nah, I don't like it."

Sirius nods, obviously catching onto my joke. "You're right. Maybe I should just marry James instead. Sirius Potter." He waves his hand as he tests out the name on his tongue. "Much better, I think."

I continue looking up thoughtfully, stroking my chin. "No, I still don't think it's right." I look mischievously between Sirius and Remus. "Sirius Lupin. Ooh! Now that I love!" I clap my hands together happily while James and Peter snicker.

"It's settled then! Moony is my husband-to-be."

Remus, who hasn't glanced up from his book once, comments, "This is just like the time she tried to marry the two of us off. You'd think she actually shipped us if she weren't dating Sirius herself."

James laughs. "Oh, I don't think that's stopping her."

Once breakfast comes to an end, Sirius finds an excuse to get us to leave alone and drags me up to his dormitory. "I want to show you something." He says, ushering me over to sit on the edge of the bed. I sit there patiently as he rummages through Remus' things. He picks up the record player that I gifted Remus last Christmas and an Elvis record to go along with it. I continue watching him with a smile.

Once he's set it up, he turns back to me, grinning. "Would you like to know which of Elvis' songs reminds me of you?"

I laugh softly and nod my head excitedly. "Yes please."

Sirius turns his back to me again and sets the needle on the record. It scratches a few times before the music begins playing.

You look like an angel
Walk like an angel
Talk like an angel
But I got wise
You're the devil in disguise

"Hey!" I begin laughing heartily. "And here I was thinking it would be something romantic."

The smile remains on my face as Sirius laughs with his head thrown back. "I was only joking, baby. This is the real song that reminds me of you." He switches records and turns back to me for the final time. He beckons me over by wiggling his finger at me.

I get up off the bed as the music comes to life. Sirius wraps his arms around my waist and I rest mine behind his neck. He sways us back and forth and I pull him closer.

Maybe I didn't treat you
Quite as good as I should have
Maybe I didn't love you
Quite as often as I could have

I look up into those grey eyes that I love so dearly and frown. "Is this how you feel?"

"Listen, love." He hums softly and I return my head to his chest, continuing to sway in his arms. "You were always on my mind." He sings the words into my ear ever so softly. "You were always on my mind."

Maybe I didn't hold you
All those lonely, lonely times
And I guess I never told you

"I'm so happy that you're mine."

"You've got a beautiful voice." I whisper. "I love Elvis."

I feel him smiling. "I know you do."

"Sirius?" I pull away slightly.

"Yes, Chiara?"

"I love you."

"I am so in love with you." He sighs as if an invisible force is released from his chest. He leans down and our lips touch in the gentlest kiss. We continue holding one another song after song, neither wanting the moment to end.

"You know the saying opposites attract?" I ask.

"I'm familiar with it." He says.

"I don't know if I believe that now. We're too similar for it to be true." I reply thoughtfully chewing on my bottom lip.

"Things like that don't apply to us." He waves it off.

"Why not?" I tilt my head to the side in confusion, feeling my ponytail fall to the side.

"We aren't like other couples. You and me," He points to himself and then boops my nose making me giggle. "we are two sides of the same coin. We are two halves of a heart. And your soul and mine may not be made of the same thing but they are bound forever by love."

"Who would've thought of Sirius Black to be the cheesiest person alive." I laugh giddily.

"Only for you. But if you tell anyone about this I'll deny it." He says pointedly, the smile unwavering from his lips.