chapter 37

As you may know by now, I do not do well with mornings. But today is different. For today, my friends, I have woken up before the Lily Evans. This never happens.

Being excited about such matters, I'd slipped out of my bed early to pay her back for all the times she's woken me with a pillow to the face. I drag my pillow over to where she sleeps. She looks to peaceful with her knotted red hair strewn across her pillow and her arms curled into her chest, hugging herself.

So I hit her.

She shoots awake with a yell, "What the f –"

"Lilian!" I scold with a laugh. "Don't use that sort of foul language or I'll have to tell your mother." She narrows her eyes at me but my smile never falters. "Up please!" I throw my hands into the air cheerfully.

"I hate you."

"Oh, Lily." I shake a hand at her with a smirk. "You love me the most and we all know it."

"Not now I don't." She flips around, showing her back to me. I roll my eyes and pull her blanket off. She squirms and curls into a ball. "Why are you doing this?"

"I just wanted you to see how thankful I am for you waking me like this everyday."

"Wow..." She thinks about it sleepily. "I am such a nag." I burst into laughter at that and she follows close behind.

*

"You know what I've always wondered about?" I ask Violet and Remus as we walk the corridors between classes.

"What's that?" Remus asks, having to turn his head down to look at me and holding one hand over his shoulder bag's strap. Violet, who is on the other side of me, also turns her big blue gaze to me interestedly.

"I wonder what the Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw common rooms look like. I've been in the Slytherin one once or twice before, yet never the other two. I'm making it a top priority to find out." I state firmly.

"And just how exactly do you expect to get in?" Remus snorts.

I shake my head and click my tongue. "No, Remy my boo. It is not how I am going to get in, it is how we are going to get in. You, me and Vi."

This is the part where Violet goes into full-blown panic mode. Her big blue eyes fly open wider and her jaw drops to the floor. She shakes her head profusely, her golden locks whipping across her face as she does. "No way! Not happening! Uh uh. I will not do that. I'm not a rule breaker, Chiara. I follow the rules to the last punctuation. Do you know what would happen if we got caught?! I'd rather die than get in trouble."

"We'd probably just get a detention or some points taken away from Gryffindor or rubbish like that." I shrug, speaking as nonchalantly as possible. Just to scare her, I add, "Either that or we'd get expelled. But if we do we could always work as Muggles." She gasps right on cue.

Remus chuckles before coughing to hide his amusement. "Quit frightening her, Chiara. She's only joking, Violet. No one will get expelled. And you don't have to do anything you aren't comfortable with." Violet blushes at that and I raise a brow at her as she does.

"Thank you." She says softly.

"Well now that Vi's out, I guess it's just you and me Rem-Rem!" I grin.