chapter 34

Love is in the air. Okay, maybe not yet, but after I'm done with them it will be. Violet and Remus are sitting together in the Great Hall giggling over some book. Imagine how perfect those two would be together. It would be like a match made in heaven. Let me paint you a picture; those two being able to trade books while sharing one big cup of herbal tea under the same fluffy blanket.

I hold both of my hands over my heart and admire my friends from where I stand in the doorway of the large room. "Oh, I have got to get them together." I sigh dreamily.

"What are you doing, creepy?" Sirius whispers amusedly from behind me, his breath tickling my neck in the process.

I whip around and slap his arm. "Sirius!" I gasp, "Nothing! I'm not doing a thing."

"Are you plotting again, love?" He taps his index finger against my button nose until I laugh and swat his hand away. "What are we looking at?" He looks past me and I watch as his eyes land on our mates. He smiles fondly at the sight of the two leaning over the same book, chatting away happily. "Ah. So you are plotting."

His eyes return to mine and he smirks. I shrug with a bashful grin. "I just want Remus happy. Don't you think they'd make the sweetest couple?"

"Don't you think our little Remus is a bit young to be having a girlfriend?" Sirius returns, raising his eyebrows.

"You're right. Maybe in a couple of years. This gives me time to plan!"

"Now that that's out of the way. May we dine? I'm positively famished." He holds out his arm for me to take and together we walk over to sit with Violet and Remus.

"Hello!" Violet says with a gleaming smile.

"Good morning!" I smile back, pulling out a chocolate bar from my pocket and beginning to take large bites out of it. "Oh! Remus, you owe me three Galleons."

"What? Why?" He asks, suddenly very alert.

"Rodney and Tessa got back together." I smirk.

"Who?" Sirius asks and is ignored.

"Damn!" Remus yells, reaching into his pocket to retrieve his money. "You lucked out on this one."

"Did not! I can spot love a mile away. It's all in the eyes, my friend." I wink at him and send a knowing look to Sirius.

Lily comes to sit at my other side and shakes her head disapprovingly at me and my bar of chocolate. "Would it kill you to eat something nutritious? Here, have some fruit." She scoops some sliced fruits onto my plate.

"Fruit?" I scoff, pushing the plate away from me. "I will eat no such thing."

"You are not leaving here until you do." Lily states, sliding the plate back in place.

"You're mean." I pout. I turn away from her and lean into Sirius' side to whisper, "I'll give you three Galleons to eat this fruit."

He chuckles and whispers back a cheeky, "Nope."

"You're all working against me." I sigh, shovelling strawberries into my mouth. "This is gross."

"You're so dramatic." Lily rolls her emerald eyes. "Strawberries are delicious. You're just used to the over-sweetness of chocolate."

"Chocolate covered strawberries!" Sirius exclaims, smacking his hands down on the table causing the forks and knives to clatter against it.

"We're brainstorming, I like it." I nod. "Now picture this...chocolate covered strawberries, but remove the strawberries." Remus can't hold back anymore and bursts into uncontrollable laughter with Violet following close behind.

*

I skip into the Defence Against the Dark Arts classroom with a big goofy smile on my face until my eyes land on the seating arrangements before me. Sirius beside James, Remus beside Peter, Lily beside Alice, Marlene beside Dorcas and Fabian beside Gideon. I almost forgot that I fly solo in this class. Normally this wouldn't be an issue for me but since today's lesson is more of a technical one, chairs and tables are required.

I walk over to a desk where a Hufflepuff boy, who I know by the name of Charles Flynn, sits. "Mind if I take this?" I tap my fingers against the back of the chair and send a questioning look his way.

"Actually that's where my mate..." His brown eyes widen in panic when I issue my irresistible pout on him. "I mean, yeah! Go right ahead and take it!"

"Thanks, Charlie."

"You know my name?" He asks.

"Obviously! I'm pretty sure I knocked you down in the halls one day."

"Yeah," He blushes. "you did. But you were very polite about it! You helped me up and gave me a bar of chocolate."

"Awe, that's so sweet of me. Literally."

He chuckles. "Would you like to sit with me?"

"Some other time, yeah? I've actually already got myself hyped up for what I'm about to do." I explain vaguely.

"Oh, yeah, no, don't let me stop you." He runs a hand through his brown curls.

"I'll see you, Charlie." And with that, I begin dragging the chair all the way to between James and Sirius. I plop down with a sigh and lean against my hand. "So, what are we talking about boys?"

Sirius smirks, "Professor Flexley is not going to like this. He avoids having to interact with you and you're messing with his seating arrangements."

"Hush up, you. He loves me."

"That isn't how I'd describe it." James interjects. "He's downright terrified of you." He isn't wrong. The poor man's been afraid of me since the beginning of year when I accidentally turned him into a toad. In my defence, I was aiming for James.

"Good afternoon class!" Professor Flexley greets merrily. His calm exterior disintegrates as he catches sight of my smiling face, squished between James and Sirius. Flexley clears his throat and stutters, "Ms H-Holland wh-what are you d-doing over there?"

I shrug my shoulders and speak easily, "Good afternoon to you as well, Professor Flexley. You're looking smashing as always. To answer your question, I'm merely sitting between my mates. Is that not allowed?" I blink innocently.

"Well, I'd prefer it if..." He trails of as I raise a single eyebrow. "N-No, that...that's fine?" His eye twitches.

"Wonderful decision! Now, shall we get on with the lesson? I'm ready to learn when you're ready to teach." I lace my fingers together and he tears his eyes away from mine to nervously begin the lesson.

Sirius leans over to whisper, "You're going to push him into a heart attack, love."

I wink. "Who wants to bet that's why he leaves DADA this year?"

"No." James says, his face pale.