chapter 88

Summer at the Potters has done wonders for me. Being out in the sun everyday has given my skin a nice golden tan, bringing out more of my freckles at my nose. Puberty has also returned to pay me another visit during these last two months, making me noticeably more mature.

If I've changed this much over the summer leading up to my fifth year, then I can only imagine how much the boys have. I'm most looking forward to seeing Sirius if I'm being honest...

"Fifth year already?" Dad blinks his blue eyes up at the ceiling emotionally. "My little girl is growing up so fast."

"She and James literally rode those tricycle contraptions around the entire neighbourhood just the other day. I think you're safe from her growing up for a while, darling." Mum snorts while fussing with Benjamin's collar as per usual.

"Ah yes." Dad says, thinking back to the day fondly. "That was an interesting purchase. When I brought the tricycles to the man at the Muggle shop, he asked me if I had any toddlers...I said yes."

"Technically not a fib." I pat Dad on the back. "I don't know why you bought those things but I'm glad you did."

"Keeks, meet you on the train!" James yells out to me as he runs past.

"Thomas, it's time for them to board." Mum says. "Chiara, good luck on your O.W.L.s! Please try hard and apply yourself –" I give her a look and she raises her arms in surrender. "That's all I have to say, honest."

"I will. Lily will make sure I study anyhow."

"I like Lily. Bright young girl." Mum nods in approval.

I bring both of my parents in for a hug before trotting off to get on the train with Benji. My younger brother parts from me as he spots Linda, and I make my way towards my usual compartment.

"Oh sweet Merlin, help me." Sirius chokes out as I stumble into the closed space.

"Hello, boys!" I greet three of my four friends, directing a flirty smile at Sirius.

He only gets more handsome with time. His dark hair's grown to just above his shoulders though still maintaining its usual perfect elegance. I notice some of his features have gotten more defined too, such as his sharper than ever jawline and cheekbones. His white t-shirt is clinging to his body showing off his now well-defined abs.

My heart pounds in my chest and I want nothing more than to set all rational thoughts aside and snog him senseless right here on the train.

Sirius' unique silvery grey eyes trail down my body and he swallows thickly. "Jesus Christ."

James and Peter laugh at a flustered Sirius, and I have no doubt they'll mock him endlessly about his splutter of words once they're alone.

"My eyes are up here, love." I smirk. James stops laughing now and instead puts on a protective frown. He kicks Sirius hard to pull him from his trance causing the boy to blush crimson.

I drop myself down in the space beside Peter and wrap both my arms around the blonde boy. "Petey! How was your summer?"

He carefully hugs me back and I feel him grinning. "It was nice...I mostly slept but I had loads of interesting dreams. I'll tell you about them later."