Chapter 92

"I've got a theory. Pumpkin juice is the reason potions don't work on me." I grin, telling the boys what I've come up with.

"That is the most wacky thing you've ever said in your entire life." James retorts with a chuckle.

"OH! Coming from the person who thought gum was magical." I roll my eyes in annoyance.

"It's sticky, yet it doesn't stick to your teeth or tongue AND on top of everything it keeps its taste for a really long time." James crosses his arms.

"Chemicals, James. Chemicals .... Anywho, pumpkin juice is the answer, think about it, I NEVER EVER drink it. You boys do- why can't it be the answer?"

"Actually ... It can." Sirius states. "I mean, magic isn't always simple, but sometimes it is. It happens that we would never think of it ... It CAN be the answer."

"Great! What I've got here is a glass of the finest pumpkin juice in this castle! Taste test time." I lick my lips before gagging once or twice. "I'm okay."

I take a deep breath and gulp down two large sips of the icky juice. I then take a potion I made in Potions (one to turn you or anything into a puddle of slime). I drink the entire phial of the chunky liquid and shut my eyes.

Nothing. "It's probably the potion. I- I brewed it wrong."

"That's my potion. We agreed on tasting mine, because yours would have been more dangerous than it already is." Remus says.

"Ah. Right. Oh well, sandwich anyone?"