chapter 67

"Field trip!"

Four blank faces blink back at me. "I never have any clue what you're on about." Remus tells me straightforwardly.

"Well pardon me for assuming there are people out there who think as I do." I sit down on the floor of their dorm and pull my oversized jumper's sleeves over my hands. "Okay, after some exploring the other day I found out that there's this train station in Hogsmeade. I want to get on it and take a trip to a Muggle village for sweets. Have you ever tried Muggle candies? They're heavenly."

"Is that allowed?" Peter squeaks nervously. "Leaving, I mean."

"Oh obviously not, but what does that matter? We'll go and be back before anybody notices we've even left at all." I continue unconcerned.

"I worship you." James declares in awe. "You are a bloody genius, Keeks!"

"Why thank you, Jamie. Well? What do we all think? Am I going at this alone or are my favourite people in the world coming along for the journey."

*

"Guys, I don't know if this is such a good idea. We could get expelled for this." Remus utters apprehensively as we board the red train at the small Hogsmeade station where many of the villagers are also using to travel.

"Don't be so dramatic, Rem. How pathetic would it be to expel a group of students for leaving on their own anyhow?" I look at him pointedly.

"You weirdly make sense and I hate it." He grumbles. We pile into a compartment and wait for the train to take off. When it does, Remus starts again, "Let me summarize here. We didn't buy train tickets, we don't know where we're going, we don't know when to get off, we don't know how long we'll be gone...what do we know?"

"We know the letters of the alphabet." I supply making Remus groan in frustration. "C'mon Remy, where's your sense of adventure?"

"We left it a mile back at Hogwarts." He points his thumb behind him.

"Keeks, the map says this train makes a stop right near a Muggle village." James says, surveying the map he snagged at the station. "It's only two stops away, I say we get off there and leg it the rest of the way."

"Does anybody even have Muggle currency?" Sirius asks pensively.

"I traded Lily some Galleons in exchange for loads of pounds." I assure him. "We've got more than enough to ensure us hours of stomachaches."

"What more could you want?" Peter says happily.

The train comes to our stop after almost an hour and the boys and I awkwardly wander about in search of the Muggle village. Stumbling upon a candy shop, I open the door with a jingle of the bell to a place called Mr Simms Olde Sweet Shoppe.

The place is covered from ceiling to floor in candies of an assortment of colours. I squeal in excitement and tug on Sirius' sleeve. "This is beautiful."

"Ello!" A sweet Scottish voice calls out to us. I face the source and find an elderly woman with the sweetest face. "Can I give you a hand with anything?"

"Hi! Er, no thank you, we're just looking around right now." I smile back.

"Everything on that shelf is half off." She supplies with a warm smile.

"Ooh look at those," I scuttle off towards the thing that catches my eye. "rainbow strips! I'm getting a bunch of these."

The woman behind the display pulls out a decorative takeaway box and shovels some rainbow candy strips into it. The boys and I point out sweet after sweet to the woman until five full takeaway boxes are full of sweets like Milk Duds, Red Hots, Treacle Toffees, Razzles, Cornish Peanut Brittle, Butterscotch, Cherry Lips, Tunnock's Snowballs, Dots, Fizz Bombs, and Junior Mints. And that's just a small portion of what we got.

Leaving the sweet shop after what feels like an eternity, James grins, "I say we shuffle the boxes and then just dig in until we feel sick."

"Yes!" I cheer.

We board the train again and wait for it to take off again to start the sugar rush.

I open the takeaway candy cane box and pull out a Red Hot. I suck it into my mouth and am pleasantly surprised at the spice. "Ooh, Sirius try this one! You like spice, don't you?" I pull out another red candy and shove it towards Sirius' mouth. I feed it to him and he smiles and nods, "I like that one. But here, you'll like this one." He feeds me an extremely sour candy and I grimace in dismay while Sirius laughs and hands me a paper to spit it back into.

"Well that was just mean." I pout.

"Aww love, I'm sorry." He presses a kiss to my cheek and I can't help the smile that finds my lips.

"Adorable." James coos under his breath.

By the time the train reaches Hogsmeade station again, our stomachs are aching from all the sugar. "Ugh," I groan holding a hand over my tummy. "That was one of my worse ideas."

"It was satisfying in the moment though." James says also clutching his stomach.

"I warned you all." Remus groans.

"You ate it too." Sirius points out.

"I think I'm going to vomit." Peter mumbles.

"Me too." It's silent for a while as we trek back to Hogsmeade. "I know this is a bad time but I just had the best idea."

"Oh no," James frets.

"Deep fried pickles."

"Chiara no!" Remus yelps.

"Yes! I'm doing it!" I state firmly before rushing off up to Hogsmeade.

"She is gonna be so sick." Remus sighs as he and the other boys stop in place watching my small retreating figure.

Sirius sighs and claps a hand over Remus' shoulder. "Well boys, I guess we're having fried pickles now."

A/N: I swear writing this story always ends up making me hungry. Anyhow I hope you're all well-fed and happy and comfy and good!!!!!!!