Chapter 100

AN: Reminder—they all have the leaves in their mouths, so remember to imagine spit flying everywhere, okay so ... enjoy haha. Please comment and vote, thank you!

"Chiara! Your sister is here!" James's mum calls from downstairs.

"Your sister is picking you up?" James questions.

"No," I reply sarcastically. "she's here to dine with your family." I roll my eyes playfully. "Yes, she's here to pick me up." I tap his head.

"Why are you all talking so weirdly? Did James burn your tongues again?" Remus asks.

"That was one time!" James yells frustratedly.

"I don't even want to know, I'll just ignore it." He chuckles.

I notice James nudge Sirius and I begin to wonder what they're up to. "Chiara, we've been working on something for a long time and we made it for you-" Sirius starts, however is cut off by James.

"And for us!" He yells a little too loudly.

"Anyways ... we got you a present in honour of Christmas." Remus smiles warmly.

"Okay ..." I wait, however no one makes any movement to acquire this so called 'present'. "Well? Give it to me!" I order with a chuckle.

James gets up off of his bed and pulls out the same large piece of parchment that the boys kept a mystery. He hands it to me and I stare at it wide-eyed.

"Oh my goodness! Thank you guys so much for- for this wonderful-" I begin speaking excitedly, before my voice changes drastically. "humongous blank parchment."

"Can you not assume things? We would never get you just a single piece of parchment. However, we can't use it now, because we need to cast a spell on it to get it working."

"Okay, then ask your mum to do it for us." I say, trying to solve the problem.

"Yeah ... we can't. When you get to Hogwarts, and when you are completely alone. Say these words with your wand pointed towards the page; I solemnly swear that I am up to no good." Sirius explains.

"Perfect, it'll be the truth. I'm always up to no good."

"Merry Christmas!" Peter cheers. I force a smile, however am still confused about what exactly it is supposed to be.

***

"Why are you talking so weirdly?" Everliah questions. "Did James try to make you guys a snack again? Because last time he burnt your tongue."

I giggle slightly, as that is exactly what Remus thought as well. At least I have a good cover story.

"Yup! Exactly, James tried cooking, but sadly he failed miserably. First of all, it was way too hot and it tasted awful."

"Okay, sounds like a delicious grilled cheese sandwich." She muses.

"You have no idea." I begin thinking about grilled cheeses now. "Speaking of which, may we make some at home?"

"Sure." She laughs.