chapter 107

Sirius and I walk hand-in-hand through Kings Cross, on our way to head back to Hogwarts for our sixth year. Upon boarding the train and taking our seats in our usual compartment, I find myself thinking about our little exchange yesterday. My mind tells my mouth to stay quiet but my mouth disobeys, "I think we should talk about what you said yesterday..." Sirius simply looks at me with a smirk and I rub the back of my neck awkwardly.

"You mean when I asked you to pass the beans at dinner? I must agree, that is something vital for us to discuss." His smirk widens.

"Sirius!" I groan, covering my face with my hands. "I-It was the first time that we've said...those words since we started dating. Didn't it mean something to you? Something different?"

The smirk disappears and a genuine smile replaces it. His whole expression softens and he reaches out to hold my hand. "Chiara, I –"

"James in the house!" James hoots, slamming the compartment door open. "Er, or on the train...no matter. Keeks! I've missed you so much, how long has it been? It feels like an eternity!" James wastes no time in wrapping me up in the tightest hug he could muster and I giggle when he starts spinning me around.

"It's only been a couple of hours...I went to your house this morning to get my broom." I manage to get out, though it's muffled because he doesn't let me go.

"Give me back my girlfriend, Prongs!" Sirius scolds playfully, removing James' arms from around me and pulling me over to sit on his lap.

"And here I was thinking I was your boyfriend, Padfoot." James shakes his head in mock sadness, taking his seat in front of us.

Soon, Remus and Peter find us and the conversation takes a less playful turn when the mention of Sirius leaving home is brought up. I rub my thumb across the inside of Sirius' hand the whole time in hopes of relaxing him a little.

"You can stay with me at mine during Christmas, mate." James says. "Mum's already agreed."

Sirius looks at me guiltily. "I don't want to put your family out more than I already have so I've asked James to stay at his."

"You haven't put us out. But you can stay wherever you'd like. James' is only a few houses down so I won't be far. I think it's a great idea if it's what you want."

"You lot should stay over too!" James grins. "It can be like a sleepover that never ends!"

*

Back to school again and my first class of the year is Potions which I'm not too thrilled about, but at least I've got some of my mates to come along with me. Lily, Violet, Sirius and James.

"Ugh, I can't stand Potions." Sirius complains, throwing an arm around my shoulders and leaning down to meet my height. "It isn't as though we're actually going to use what we learn here in the future."

"Then, why exactly are you taking it?" I laugh.

James pipes up. "It's a requirement to becoming an Auror. Say, where's Moony and Wormtail?"

"Pete didn't do too well on his O.W.L.s and Rem just wasn't interested in taking Potions this year."

"Oh, how I wish I were Moony right now." Sirius sighs.

I take my seat near the front of the classroom and Sirius drops down beside me causing Lily to glare at him. "Get up!" She whisper-yells at him. "I'm sitting there, Black! Move it!"