Chapter 16

After two days on the boat, they had finally reached the land of waves.

"Finally, land," said Naruto.

He then turned towards his team.

"Okay, so our priority is to protect old man For that, I say Kakashi sensei and Sasuke walk at the back, followed by Hinata,  then old man, then Sakura, then Kiba, in front of whom will be Shino, and I and Kurenai sensei will be in the front," said Naruto.

"Wouldn't it be better if we put Tazuna in the centre?" asked Sakura.

"No. The attacks from behind are much difficult to deduce, so we need Sharingan users to stay there for immediate response. Then comes a byakugan user who has an extremely big radius of vision. Plus Hinata's taijutsu style is perfect to engage at close range. Also, it can help look on both sides. Sakura can concentrate her chakra in her fists which makes her punches deadly. 

Then comes Kiba, whose smelling prowess makes him perfect for that position. Shin's insects make him perfect for middle to long-range fighting. 

Finally, I am average at ninjutsu and taijutsu, and rather good at fuinjutsu. I am weak in genjutsu, but Kurenai sensei is extremely well versed with that. Along with that, she is also strong in Taijutsu which fits with her genjutsu and also very good in ninjutsu. This makes us both close-range fighters. 

But only Kakashi sensei or Kurenai sensei will engage Zabuza. While Kakashi sensei and Zabuza battles, no one will interfere. We cannot help and will just be obstacles," said Naruto.

"That's... brilliant!" said Kakashi.

"Everyone follow that. And... if no one has any problem, Naruto will be the acting leader if any one of us is caught, not in fighting position, or dead," said Kurenai.

"Let's go," said Naruto.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As they were walking, Hinata suddenly stopped and pointed in a direction, which Naruto saw. He quickly took out his Kunai and threw it there.

"Naruto! What are you doing?" asked Sakura. A white-furred rabbit came out of the bush scared.

"Naruto, why did you scare him?" asked Sakura angrily. However, Naruto's mind was in overdrive.

"NO SHIT!" he yelled as he turned and saw something coming towards him.

"GET DOWN!" he yelled, and immediately everyone got down, as a sword came flying. Naruto, however, jumped over it, letting it scrape his thumb.

'Step one: done,' he thought, smirking.

As the sword got embedded on the tree, a man partially wrapped in bandages stood on the handle.

"Zabuza of the mist. It's an honour to meet you," said Naruto.

"Kid, you should keep your mouth close," said Zabuza.

"Everyone, Manji, now," he said as everyone got in the formation. Kakashi then engaged Zabuza.

"Kid, you got me curious. How did you know that I was there?" asked Zabuza.

"The rabbit had white fur in the summer season. That's only possible if he is raised indoors, for something like substitution jutsu," said Naruto.

"Naruto, if he gets behind us using his silent killing method, I will kick everyone away while you push Tazuna and use your Taijutsu to engage him," whispered Sasuke.

"Hidden mist jutsu!" yelled Zabuza as mist covered everything.

"So many people to kill. Who is going to be first," came an evil, twisted voice.