Chapter 51

The next moment Jirobo was covered in sand and then crushed to death.

"..."

"..."

"..."

"That was brutal," said Naruto.

"Troublesome," said Shikamaru.

"Not that much," commented Genma.

"Hey Gaara," greeted Naruto.

"Naruto Uzumaki Namikaze," said Gaara quietly.

"The way you say my name sounds like you are greeting an enemy, not a friend," pouted Naruto.

"Sorry," said Gaara in the previous tone.

"Come one Gaara chan, lighten up," said Naruto.

"We don't even exist," said Kankuro with a sweatdrop.

Hello Kankuro, Temari. I guess you're our backup?" asked Naruto.

"Yeah," said Temari.

"Okay. Anyways, Gaara, how is 'mother' doing?" asked Naruto in a teasing tone and Gaara blushed, embarrassed.

"He is fine..." said Gaara.

"He? I thought mother would be a she?" said Naruto in the same teasing tone.

"Shut up," said Gaara meekly.

"Aww, is Gaara embarrassed?" asked Naruto.

"Naruto, as much as I would like to see this continue, we have got a mission," said Shikamaru. He then proceeded to greet Kankuro, Temari, and Gaara.

"Right," said Naruto becoming serious all of a sudden, surprising even Gaara.

'Some mood swings,' thought Kankuro.

"Kankuro san, could you please take them back to Konoha?" asked Naruto pointing to the two jonin behind him.

"But we were told to support you in combat," said Kankuro.

"I know, but you see they both are heavily injured," said Naruto.

"I'll take care of that," came a voice and the next second Shizune appeared in front of them.

"Naruto, they both are part of my squad, we were returning from a mission when we sensed them. They both went ahead, to stop them and I guess they met you," said Shizune.

"Hai," said Genma confirming the story.

"Alright then, let's go," said Naruto as he jumped on a tree.

"Follow me," said Shikamaru as he too jumped with the sand siblings following him.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!" yelled Orochimaru, in immense pain. His body was failing him. This body was the reason he couldn't perfect his Edo Tensei. 

The reanimated people only had 30% of their strength. Had he brought forward 100% of the three Kage's strength, then even the Kyubi himself wouldn't be able to stop the destruction of Konoha. But even then, he thought he could destroy Konoha. And he would have if the Kyubi brat hadn't stopped him. 

He even stopped him from giving Sasuke the curse mark. He single handedly destroyed half of his plans. But now he finally got his hand on Sasuke, and yet again, the Kyubi brat was standing in his way.

"Orochimaru sama, I don't think the sound four will be able to reach here in time. You must switch bodies or you will surely die," said Kabuto.

"SHUT UP! I WILL KILL THAT KYUBI BRAT FOR RUINING EVERYTHING FOR MEEEE!" hissed Orochimaru.