Chapter 12

"You are not joking, are you?" asked Naruto.

"NO," said Kakashi seriously.

"When I tell you, you will come at me with the intent to kill, or you won't be able to take the bell," said Kakashi after a pause.

Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura took their fighting stance.

"And... start," said Kakashi, as Naruto came at him with his fast speed. He threw many kicks and punches, but Kakashi dodged them all. He jumped back as Sasuke performed his fireball jutsu.

"Take this," said Sasuke as he threw a barrage of shuriken. But Kakashi dodged them too.

Sakura used the distraction to go for the bells but Kakashi just punched her in the face.

"Ouch," said Sakura.

"Shadow clone jutsu," said Naruto as five more Naruto appeared.

"Nice, but it will take more than that to defeat me," said Kakashi.

"Wind Release: spiraling wind ball," yelled all Narutos as they attacked Kakashi.

"Now that's deadly," said Kakashi as he used substitution.

"Fire release: dragon fire," yelled Sasuke, but the Kakashi turned out to be a clone.

"So you too are using shadow clones," said Naruto. They all retreated and met behind some bushes.

"Sasuke, Sakura, we can't take the bells alone. We need to work together and then we will decide who graduates," said Naruto.

"So, what are you waiting for? Lead on," said Sasuke with a smirk.

"Take this shuriken. When we make sure he is no clone, throw this near the bells. Don't hit them, miss, but just barely. And then see the magic," said Naruto with a smirk. The shuriken was different from normal ones, as it had engravings all over it.

"What is this?" asked Sasuke.

"It's a surprise," said Naruto dramatically.

"So here is the plan. Be as uncoordinated with each other as you can. Use it to distract him so he doesn't suspect that we are attacking together. When I yell 'no', throw the shuriken," said Naruto.

They then again started to attack Kakashi in an uncoordinated way.

"You can do better than this," said Kakashi.

Sasuke threw another barrage of shuriken, only for him to use substitution. But where he appeared, Sakura was already waiting, turned into a leaf. As Kakahi came there, she transformed back startling him. She threw a few punches, and then Naruto too joined her. Kakashi kicked him in the face.

"NO!" yelled Naruto, as he was sent flying.

As planned, Sasuke took out the shuriken Naruto had given him and threw it towards Kakashi. Everything happened in slow motion. Kakashi had a habit of barely dodging attacks so no movement or energy is wasted. When the shuriken had just passed the bell, a yellow flash appeared, and Naruto teleported there. He quickly grabbed the bell and retreated as Kakashi widened his eyes.

Naruto was on his knees, panting.

"That was..." started Sakura.

"Hiraishin no jutsu, also known as flying thunder god jutsu..." added Kakashi.

"Of his dad, the fourth Hokage!" completed a wide-eyed Sasuke.

"He is the son of the fourth Hokage!" yelled Sakura.

"We'll discuss that later," said Naruto.

"It's a good thing it worked nicely. Otherwise, the chakra drainage is too great," said Naruto.